The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Adult Nursing March 2014

Hi there,

Just posting to see if anybody is starting Adult Nursing in March 2014. I'm not really too sure of what to expect! I've already studied at Wolves Uni and graduated in Social Care and Health Studies. But this feels like a whole new life?

I'm extremely excited though, wish I was starting in September!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by scally88
Hi there,

Just posting to see if anybody is starting Adult Nursing in March 2014. I'm not really too sure of what to expect! I've already studied at Wolves Uni and graduated in Social Care and Health Studies. But this feels like a whole new life?

I'm extremely excited though, wish I was starting in September!

Hey there,

I am starting Adult nursing in march 2014 and im in the same boat as you. I do not have a clue what to expect but also excited to experience different things. This is my first time at uni so quite nervous about it...
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Hey, I am starting MH Nursing in March 2014, I think we all study together for the first year though..I only heard today but am excited to hear more about start dates, timetables etc..
Reply 3
Original post by littlemissjo
Hey, I am starting MH Nursing in March 2014, I think we all study together for the first year though..I only heard today but am excited to hear more about start dates, timetables etc..

Hey, would be good if we do study together for the first year... And i know im the same, it seems so far away but i know that it will be here before we know it...
Reply 4
Hi guys, am re-starting in march doing adult nursing too at shrewsbury, did first 6 months but just had to leave... will come round quickly! don't panic about it, all really enjoyable and the tutors are lovely, can't wait to meet everyone :smile:
ooh does this mean I can pick your brain? haha! What was your timetable like last time round? I'm trying to get a rough idea as I am hoping to continue my work for the NHS on a bank basis during the course :smile:
Reply 6
feel free! although how much help i'll be i don't know lol! first 6 weeks we'll be in uni, generally 3-4 half or full days a week, then a week on placement (30hours), 2 weeks in uni and 6 weeks on placement (30 hours)...bank work very do-able in first 4 months or so as if it's the same, should only be given 1 essay to do so not a huge amount of extra work, after the first placement it gets a bit harder but still all manageable, i was lucky enough to be seconded so i only did bank if i was feeling generous! is it shrewsbury you're going to?
Yup Shrewsbury :smile: I am being seconded but as I have just bought a house with my partner I think the extra cash will certainly come in handy as well as giving me a little extra experience of the inpatient environment as I work in the community. I am so excited! Are you being seconded this time around as well?
Reply 8
I am thankfully, otherwise I'd be royally skint :smile: Is it mental health that you're doing then? Ah... think I'd be doing extra shifts too if I'd just bought a house!
yeh mental health, really looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 10
Hey all,

Does anyone know anything about how much you're actually paid through the NHS bursary. Im not entitled to a student loan as I have already received one therefore will be living on the bursary, it will be the parent tested one though?
Reply 11
Also does anyone know of a start date yet?
Reply 12
Hey Scally88,

I havent heard anything from the university, not even about accommodation etc. Which campus are you studying at? Because the others are on shrewsbury campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hi, you can work out your entitlement for the bursary on http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/3576.aspx

also you're entitled to student loans and possibly maintenance grants, i'd apply now as they take their time processing things!! Just google student finance england and you can do it all online...form is a pain to do! Start date I guess would be 17th March but don't quote me on that :smile:
Original post by kwebb2610
Hi, you can work out your entitlement for the bursary on http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/3576.aspx

also you're entitled to student loans and possibly maintenance grants, i'd apply now as they take their time processing things!! Just google student finance england and you can do it all online...form is a pain to do! Start date I guess would be 17th March but don't quote me on that :smile:

..xan you still apply for grants/loans on a secondment??..
Reply 15
You can apply on a secondment, just make sure you say you're not entitled to an NHS bursary (as we're not technically!), easier to do the paper form than online too, found online one really confusing! should definitely entitled to loan but not sure about grant, both go on what your house income is :smile:
Reply 16
Hey guys how was the interview process for adult nursing?
Hi all, I'm at Stafford Uni, Stafford Campus and I'm doing Adult Nursing in the September 2013 cohort. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best but I will try and give a rough overview.

Stafford have started a completely new criteria and layout which has been approved by the NMC earlier this year. My plan of the year is going roughly 3 months in uni, one week of placement in a 'Taster week' then back in university until the 2nd week in January with two weeks off over Christmas. We started Clinical Skills two weeks ago which includes Anatomy and Physiology. The staff are excellent, not just lecturers but extra help across the campus, make sure you take advantage of them.

Anything else I can help anyone with please feel free to ask, I haven't read all the posts on here so I don't know what people want to know or anything.

Dizz

P.S I also live in accommodation so if there are any queries about that give me a shout.
Reply 18
Hi,

Congrats to you all getting a place for March 2014, I am currently applying for September 2014 - Adult Nursing, I have an interview at Staffs uni on the 12th December..Dont suppose anyone has any tips for me? They haven't sent any other information yet so I am not even sure if its a 1 on 1 interview or a group discussion or test..As I know each uni is different, I am so nervous, just dont want to mess up my chances! x
Hi laurz90,
I also have an interview at staffordshire uni on dec 12th, I received a letter in the post today saying it started at 915am and the first session was in groups where we have to discuss a scenario given to us on the day, if we are successful the second part of the day is individual interviews and will finish at 4. I'm sure your letter will come through soon. I too am nervous but also very excited, I'm sure the nerves will take over on dec 11th :wink:
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending