stupid names Watch

This discussion is closed.
riffraff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
my parents are always giving really stupid names to household items (e.g. boris the breadmaker). Is this normal parent behaviour?
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
my parents are always giving really stupid names to household items (e.g. boris the breadmaker). Is this normal parent behaviour?
mine call the phone 'the dog and bone'... and they wonder WHY i want to move away from home for uni....
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My dad always calls the cooker Albert, dont ask me why.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmmm.... not heard of parents doing that before - we get told off for that kind of thing. My siblings and I name everything - for example we call the wooden spoons "the lost boys", one of the saucepans "Peter Pan" and the spatcula (sp?!) "Guiseppe". Hmmmm.
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah, this is normal in my house - we have "bruce" my dads briefcase, and "stu" the ironing board :rolleyes:
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
yeah, this is normal in my house - we have "bruce" my dads briefcase, and "stu" the ironing board :rolleyes:
my family doesnt do this. are we the exception or the norm?
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I had no idea people did this. How strange.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We don't name things at my house.
emmz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my parents call the boiler bertha and my mums named her computor samual :confused:
Baby_Angelz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Hmmm.... not heard of parents doing that before - we get told off for that kind of thing.
Yup, me too...

Perhaps to name the stuffs, is to add colours to their lives such that they will not be bored by everyday's work etc.

I would think it's quite fun to do so :P
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My parents call mcdonalds macanernies, whats going on with that. All our parents are blatently going INSANE.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
wow, your lots parents are cool. My mum comes up with silly names for me like munchkin (im average size) petal, and anything associated with cuteness (from when I was a kid).

Munchkin xx
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by VoodooDoll)
mine call the phone 'the dog and bone'... and they wonder WHY i want to move away from home for uni....
Why, what's wrong with Cockney rhyming slang?
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my mum always uses the word *thingymabob* it annoys me lol
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my mother wanted to re-name the cat Satine after seeing Moulin Rouge, enough said.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
All our parents are blatently going INSANE.
True.
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my parents are the pinnacle of embarrassment - my dad answered the phone in the middle of my recent parent's evening lol
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont think so lol
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
my mother wanted to re-name the cat Satine after seeing Moulin Rouge, enough said.
That's so sweet! Hehe.. this parental behaviour is so cute.. I'm a sucker for silliness. Mine don't name anything anything..
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
She changed my name to Lily and my sisters name to Delilah my brothers names to Maxime and Jacobmy last brother luckily escaped, but she calls us this in the morning its not cool!

Apart form that my parents are fine!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (204)
12.73%
Excited (139)
8.68%
Worried (291)
18.16%
Terrified (363)
22.66%
Meh (144)
8.99%
Confused (35)
2.18%