Turn on thread page Beta

Can you be turned down for college ON the induction day? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I'm 21 years old and a mature student returning to education to do an Access to Higher Education Course with my local college. Tomorrow is my induction.

Basically, I talked to an adviser months and months ago and accidentally told her I had one too many GCSE's than I have (I only have 3 at C level but I'll explain further...), I said I had 5 (Woops!). I then went to sit an entry test, then I was invited to an interview with the tutor -- she said she was impressed with my entry test. I took my certificates along to show how many GCSE's I had, having only 3, and 5 is the requirement for the course. I'm also hoping to enroll for University next year, so she advised me to enroll for the Mathematics GCSE to get an extra GCSE.

Anyway, she understood that I only had 3/5 of the GCSE's due to mitigating circumstances (I suffered from depression for many years which really effected my school work and out-of-school coursework, and was hospitalized several times for my depression / suicide attempts).

Tomorrow is my induction and I've been told to take evidence of my grades, even though I got an offer through the post, I'm not sure if that was just an informal offer?

With 3/5 of the GCSE's required, even though told I have an offer and attending an interview with the tutor, can I still be rejected from the course on the Induction Day?

I'm worried I'll be rejected from the college, I have a passion for learning despite my bad grades in the past, my anxiety is kicking in though... :/ ... I don't know what I'd do if I got rejected, I consider this my last shot to turn my life around really.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Liam,

How did it go?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.