Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't have my visa yet, it's taking such a long time:rolleyes:.. I'm pretty sure that the earliest I'll be in Edinburgh is Tuesday, and that's if by some miracle I am granted a visa on monday. Just wanted to know if I was the only one?
    Is it mandatory?
    I know there are a couple of meetings that we have to attend but I feel like there are 1000 different people handling matriculation, accomodation, and all the other 1million things I'd have to handle alone if I missed freshers, so I dont even know where to start

ReputationRep:
    If you do miss a bit of freshers, don't worry at all! Everyone will welcome you all the same!
    Everyone's in the same boat for the first month at least

When you get here and you are really struggling, pm me if you want and I'll show you around etc, its not a big deal don't worry

I actually have a couple of friends who aren't getting to Edinburgh until the end of freshers and they're not worried at all, and neither should you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! You're not alone...
    I'll be missing freshers as well. I'm from India and haven't got my visa yet either. Just hoping I can make it by the start of the course.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks PPE I've been coming round to the idea - Fresher's week just seems like such a milestone..
    I was a bit worried that everyone would have settled in by the time I get there, made friends and all and it would be like being the new kid in school again - classic freshman dilemma I suppose
    And sy2yp I'm applying for mine in Uganda, and we dont even HAVE a visa processing centre - all applications are sent to nairobi so maybe thats why things are taking so long.
    sigh. You'd think that if they make you submit a wad of cash along with your application that it would make them more sympathetic to your plight but alas:rolleyes:

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.