The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I got placed in the waiting list. I'm so scared now.. I'm a gap year applicant and my UKCAT aint that good too(665) :cry:
I've been placed on the waiting list too.
Has everyone who hasn't made it through the interview stage been put on it?
My UKCAT is 735; so worried. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 782
Original post by _sparks
I got placed in the waiting list. I'm so scared now.. I'm a gap year applicant and my UKCAT aint that good too(665) :cry:

Original post by MissJayySee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in the same boat as you guys (waiting list). MissJayySee I was wondering the same thing - I havent so far heard of anyone who's been rejected outright.
Any I'm pretty sure that those on the waiting list will be arranged by UKCAT score and preference will be given to those with the highest UKCATs - is this right? The email says "...However, you scored well enough in the interview to be placed on our waiting list, which is ranked by UKCAT percentile." So I'm guessing thats how they do it?
Its pretty ****ty that we got rejected (I thought I'd done pretty well tbh), but best of luck for your other choices guys :redface: you'll get in somewhere!
OFFER!
so chuffed :biggrin:
Original post by Delciate
OFFER!
so chuffed :biggrin:

congrats. when was your interview?
Reply 785
Does anyone have any idea how many students got into SGUL last year having been on the waiting list? And what the UKCAT cuttoff was?
I'm probably gonna ring Micki Regan tomorrow and ask, although I dont want to disrupt their interviews and all that :/
Reply 786
Original post by MissJayySee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Toub123
Im in the same boat as you guys (waiting list). MissJayySee I was wondering the same thing - I havent so far heard of anyone who's been rejected outright.
Any I'm pretty sure that those on the waiting list will be arranged by UKCAT score and preference will be given to those with the highest UKCATs - is this right? The email says "...However, you scored well enough in the interview to be placed on our waiting list, which is ranked by UKCAT percentile." So I'm guessing thats how they do it?
Its pretty ****ty that we got rejected (I thought I'd done pretty well tbh), but best of luck for your other choices guys :redface: you'll get in somewhere!

Hi guys, I was interviewed and rejected 'outright'.
They said my interview score wasn't high enough to be placed on the waiting list. I must be really bad at them!
Reply 787
Original post by Toub123
Does anyone have any idea how many students got into SGUL last year having been on the waiting list? And what the UKCAT cuttoff was?
I'm probably gonna ring Micki Regan tomorrow and ask, although I dont want to disrupt their interviews and all that :/

Hey man, if you do call them, can you please tell me what they said too.
Reply 788
Original post by bdavid
did anyone else get an email today about how they sent offers by mistake?

I received an offer email this morning and I got sooooooo happy- I literally had tears of joy. Then 2 hours later I got the email saying I might have received an offer email by mistake. So I got all flustered and was like :confused: have I got the offer or not????? finally I emailed the admissions team and they told me I have got the offer. Phew what a day, but now I can say the gap year was definitely worth it!!!

To everyone out there who's still waiting for a reply/ has an upcoming interview, stay as positive as you can! I honestly thought I did so badly and I even had an interviewer who was chewing his pen, yawning and looking around while I was talking which was so off-putting and made me feel like my ideas were really bad, but I think they're not just looking at your insight into medicine, they're also looking at your personality and how you handle the question even when you don't know the answer. Good luck everyone! I had 4 rejections last year (including one from st. georges) so don't give up, stay determined!
Had my interview today, it really didn't help that there was a guy in my group trying to put everyone off by saying how the interviewers wouldn't want to listen to us because it was near the end of the day and that we were disadvantaged as people being interviewed later in the process would know more about the interview (which isn't really true anyway). I think it went ok though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
Original post by _sparks
Hey man, if you do call them, can you please tell me what they said too.

Sure :smile:
Reply 791
Original post by Sazam
Hi guys, I was interviewed and rejected 'outright'.
They said my interview score wasn't high enough to be placed on the waiting list. I must be really bad at them!

Ah thanks for letting us know. I'm sure you might have been just nervous on the day (I sure was at my HYMS interview). Maybe you'll do better at traditional interviews? Best of luck for your other interviews anyway :smile:
Reply 792
Got an offer while I was in the waiting room 2 hours before my Exeter interview on Tuesday. SGUL interview was on the 5th of Dec. So happy :smile:
I was so scared didn't want to open the e-mail in case it was a rejection :rolleyes:
I'm a reapplicant btw
Original post by Joannywhite
congrats. when was your interview?

Last week Tuesday
So i got a response within a week :smile:
My interview was yesterday and I just got an offer today!!! I'm kind of suspicious after they sent out those international offers yesterday but I'm so excited!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My interview was yesterday and i've been placed in the waiting list :frown:
Reply 796

More and more people are being placed on the waiting list :/

May I ask what you got for the UKCAT?
Original post by _sparks
More and more people are being placed on the waiting list :/

May I ask what you got for the UKCAT?

667.5. I don't know if there's any hope tbh.
What was urs?

Likewise, what time was your interview?
Reply 799
667.5. I don't know if there's any hope tbh.
What was urs?

I got lower than yours. 665 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest