The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by star10159
I know that they said they will contact us 4 weeks after interview, but has anyone received anything earlier?

SGUL is the only chance I have left of getting into med school so really anxious

Well I got my offer within 24 hours but I guess it depends how busy they are

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by star10159
I know that they said they will contact us 4 weeks after interview, but has anyone received anything earlier?

SGUL is the only chance I have left of getting into med school so really anxious

I heard people get it MUCH earlier!
Original post by Layontheland
This concerns people who are on the WAITING LIST for MBBS5 A100 program!
Okay, remember when we received an interview invite we were sent a bunch of links!

One of this Links included this one:
http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/after-youve-applied/information-for-candidates-invited-to-interview/mbbs5-interview-procedure-i-for-portal-2013.pdf

It states:
"
We will offer a small number of candidates a place on a waiting list in case a place becomes free in 2014. These candidates will be offered places for 2015 but on the condition that they will take a place
(even at short notice, which could be as short as a week) if one becomes available for 2014 entry. If
you do not think you can accept these conditions you should not accept the offer. Candidates on the
waiting listed are ranked in order and we will let you know where you are on the list."

So essentially by a matter of deduction we are offer holders for deferred entry 2015!!

Let me know what you guys think,

Yeah I read this too and thought this still applied to us, but I'm not too sure what to think as someone previously said this was outdated...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panjabiflower
Yeah I read this too and thought this still applied to us, but I'm not too sure what to think as someone previously said this was outdated...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can be since it's referring to 2014/2015?
It can be since it's referring to 2014/2015?

So you think it still applies to us?
What exactly did your email regarding your waiting place say, just to make sure we're on the same one? I heard there was another waiting list too?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

That guy was probably referring to grad entry.

@Supernova checked with them and it seems to be the case.
So you think it still applies to us?
What exactly did your email regarding your waiting place say, just to make sure we're on the same one? I heard there was another waiting list too?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure when your referring to another waiting list you mean the graduate entry A101 waiting list which would of course be different to the A100 undergrad waiting list. So as long as your a undergraduate then we should definitely be on the same waiting list.

I'm a little confused with what supernova was saying as the link for grad
included the same paragraph regarding waiting list that we received in our link.

MBBS4:
http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/after-youve-applied/information-for-candidates-invited-to-interview/mbbs4-interview-procedure-i-for-portal-2013.pdf

I'm planning on contacting them on Monday so we can get a definite answer.
But like I said how could it be outdated if they updated the dates for 2014/2015 entry?
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm sure when your referring to another waiting list you mean the graduate entry A101 waiting list which would of course be different to the A100 undergrad waiting list. So as long as your a undergraduate then we should definitely be on the same waiting list.

I'm a little confused with what supernova was saying as the link for grad
included the same paragraph regarding waiting list that we received in our link.

MBBS4:
http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/after-youve-applied/information-for-candidates-invited-to-interview/mbbs4-interview-procedure-i-for-portal-2013.pdf

I'm planning on contacting them on Monday so we can get a definite answer.
But like I said how could it be outdated if they updated the dates for 2014/2015 entry?

Yeah I though the same thing, surely if it was outdated it shouldn't have even been on the link we received.

That's probably the best thing to do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I though the same thing, surely if it was outdated it shouldn't have even been on the link we received.

That's probably the best thing to do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup :trytofly:
Hi everyone, I was just wondering when you got your interview, if you UCAS was updated i.e. stated you had an interview. I have an interview and have sent my reply slip, but my UCAS hasn't changed-is this normal? Should it change, or is it only if you get an offer/ a rejection??

I'm really worried that St. George's hasn't got my reply slip, i know you aren't meant to receive a receipt, but I don't know about the UCAS stuff, can anyone shed some light please?

Thank you!!! ((((:
Reply 1350
Original post by Missionmedicine
Hi everyone, I was just wondering when you got your interview, if you UCAS was updated i.e. stated you had an interview. I have an interview and have sent my reply slip, but my UCAS hasn't changed-is this normal? Should it change, or is it only if you get an offer/ a rejection??

I'm really worried that St. George's hasn't got my reply slip, i know you aren't meant to receive a receipt, but I don't know about the UCAS stuff, can anyone shed some light please?

Thank you!!! ((((:

Don't worry, UCAS does not change unless you receive an offer or rejection. They also don't email you back about the reply slip. As long as you sent it to the right email, you have nothing to worry about :smile: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Missionmedicine

Thank you!!! ((((:

In my case, I sent my reply slip 2 months late and it was still fine, still got the interview alright.
St George's doesn't use UCAS for interview update, just offer or rejection :biggrin:
Original post by LLF467
Don't worry, UCAS does not change unless you receive an offer or rejection. They also don't email you back about the reply slip. As long as you sent it to the right email, you have nothing to worry about :smile: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by XingBairong
In my case, I sent my reply slip 2 months late and it was still fine, still got the interview alright.
St George's doesn't use UCAS for interview update, just offer or rejection :biggrin:

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it! That's such a relief!! Good luck with your applications! :smile:
xxx
Reply 1353
Original post by Suprnova
Is anyone here on the waiting list or know any more information, considering I have been so helpful...... :wink:

Hey - I am on the 4 yr waiting list. Haven't heard a peep since being told my position on the queue.

Is anyone else on the list? Anyone heard anything?
Reply 1354
Original post by leonubar
Hey - I am on the 4 yr waiting list. Haven't heard a peep since being told my position on the queue.

Is anyone else on the list? Anyone heard anything?

Do you know how many are on the list? I'm number 20 which is not great. What about you?
Reply 1355
Original post by _sparks
That guy was probably referring to grad entry.

@Supernova checked with them and it seems to be the case.

IVe been saying all along panjabiflower that it APPLIES to you 5 year applicants but does not apply to the 4 year ones :-(
Reply 1356
Do you know how many are on the list? I'm number 20 which is not great. What about you?

Hey #6... The documents from previous years suggest we both should get a place. Good luck

How did you find out your position on the waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup :trytofly:

Hey, have you contacted them yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey quick question,

Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer to a different university while studying in another?

For instance, could one apply to a university they had gotten rejected from the year before (right after leaving secondary school), while studying first year in another university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending