The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
A suitcase is generally a good start :wink:

Yeah. But Mass Effect focuses on stuff besides cybernetics, and Deus Ex hasn't so far. I dunno, the gameplay is just bad. And I can't get over how similar it is to the start of ME2

Well, the morality of human augmentation is the/a central plot point for deus ex. I won't go into too many details since you haven't finished it yet.

Well, I couldn't comment on gameplay, never having played it.

True, they did both kill/almost kill the hero right at the start. But rebuilding people is an old, old plot.

I guess I just see it as focusing on a different area than MA2. Maybe you'll change your mind after seeing more of the plot:dontknow: How far is it you've got, anyway?
Original post by hollieeilloh
Getting there slowly!

Thanks - I think I'll try that :smile: it's just things like winter jackets and heels and everything take up so much room!

Glad to hear it :tongue: When do you leave?

Yeah, I imagine they would.

Original post by incipientT
Well, the morality of human augmentation is the/a central plot point for deus ex. I won't go into too many details since you haven't finished it yet.

Well, I couldn't comment on gameplay, never having played it.

True, they did both kill/almost kill the hero right at the start. But rebuilding people is an old, old plot.

I guess I just see it as focusing on a different area than MA2. Maybe you'll change your mind after seeing more of the plot:dontknow: How far is it you've got, anyway?

I just don't see that as a strong enough plot in it's own right.

I know.

I'm only on the second mission or something, I'll play more before I give an overall judgement, but so far I'm really not finding it interesting.
(edited 10 years ago)

I know.

I'm only on the second mission or something, I'll play more before I give an overall judgement, but so far I'm really not finding it interesting.

hmm, ok. I guess I just find the notion of augmentations more interesting than you do:smile:

Saturday! :eek:

It's gonna be difficult, like, storage wise in halls.
hmm, ok. I guess I just find the notion of augmentations more interesting than you do:smile:

I said it's not a strong plot in it's own right, not that it wasn't interesting.

Saturday! :eek:

It's gonna be difficult, like, storage wise in halls.

Plenty of time :tongue:

Aye, that's probably true. Have you seen your accomodation already?
I said it's not a strong plot in it's own right, not that it wasn't interesting.

I know.

Ahem?:tongue:

I'm really not sure what the difference between a strong plot and an interesting one is.
Ahem?:tongue:

I'm really not sure what the difference between a strong plot and an interesting one is.

The second quote was aimed at the gameplay, which is mindnumbingly dull so far :tongue:

Well, there's the uderlying plots in ME1 such as Kaiden and the L2 implants - they're interesting, but would be a weakplot in their own right, for example.
Just realised I know 37 digits of Pi by memory...

What the heck Hollz... :erm: :ashamed2:
The second quote was aimed at the gameplay, which is mindnumbingly dull so far :tongue:

Well, there's the uderlying plots in ME1 such as Kaiden and the L2 implants - they're interesting, but would be a weakplot in their own right, for example.

Ah, right ok. What is it about the gameplay? I can't really get a sense of it from watching.

As I recall, that plot was very short...

I don't know, I'm not sure I could summarise the plots for either MA or deus ex. Well, I could, but only in a way that makes both sound bad:tongue:
Just realised I know 37 digits of Pi by memory...

What the heck Hollz... :erm: :ashamed2:

I think I have an uncle who memorised them to something like a hundred. never gone beyond 5, myself though.
Ah, right ok. What is it about the gameplay? I can't really get a sense of it from watching.

As I recall, that plot was very short...

I don't know, I'm not sure I could summarise the plots for either MA or deus ex. Well, I could, but only in a way that makes both sound bad:tongue:

I dunno, it's just not enjoyable for some reason. I don't know what it is about it though.

It was a for instance.

ME seems to have more underlying and side plots, which is the key thing.
Reply 2231
Whats up guys :smile:
I think I have an uncle who memorised them to something like a hundred. never gone beyond 5, myself though.

Wow! He has dedication to the number :cool: it's pretty pointless, to be honest, but my goal would be 50 :colone: so many people make me recite it if they don't believe me...

Plenty of time :tongue:

Aye, that's probably true. Have you seen your accomodation already?

Thanks for the reassurance! :biggrin:

I saw one of the halls when I went to the open day last year, but not my halls specifically, which sucks! :nope:
Original post by Tcrumpen

Afternoon. How goes things?
Thanks for the reassurance! :biggrin:

I saw one of the halls when I went to the open day last year, but not my halls specifically, which sucks! :nope:

No problem. What course are you doing anyway?

Ah, that's a shame.
Reply 2235
Afternoon. How goes things?

Not much just trying to think of a gift for my friend, anyone used this site before? http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/
I dunno, it's just not enjoyable for some reason. I don't know what it is about it though.

It was a for instance.

ME seems to have more underlying and side plots, which is the key thing.

fair enough. often the way it is.

If side plots are your thing, there are more later on. I'm not sure how many compared to MA, but certainly more than the first couple of levels. I think some are hard to find, though.

Wow! He has dedication to the number :cool: it's pretty pointless, to be honest, but my goal would be 50 :colone: so many people make me recite it if they don't believe me...

I think he painted them across his ceiling...

afternoon:hat2: Nothing much, you?
No problem. What course are you doing anyway?

Ah, that's a shame.

Accounting and Finance. :smile:

Yup, guess it'll be a surprise when I get there! :yep:
Accounting and Finance. :smile:

Yup, guess it'll be a surprise when I get there! :yep:

Awesome, hope you enjoy it.

If side plots are your thing, there are more later on. I'm not sure how many compared to MA, but certainly more than the first couple of levels. I think some are hard to find, though.

Hm, I'll play a bit further into it then I guess.

Not much just trying to think of a gift for my friend, anyone used this site before? http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/

I haven't used it, but it looks decent.
Reply 2239

I think he painted them across his ceiling...

afternoon:hat2: Nothing much, you?

Trying to work out this site can be trusted: http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/ looking for a peronal gift for my friend so she can always remember me

Latest