The Student Room Group

Are there any 2014 midwifery applicants??

is anyone apply for midwifery like this year for the course which starts in 2014??? IF SO WHERE ARE U APPLYING TO?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes hopefully!
Looking at like Manchester, Cardiff, Worcester and a few others. yourself? and what experience do you have? x
Reply 2
Original post by anneyrosey
Yes hopefully!
Looking at like Manchester, Cardiff, Worcester and a few others. yourself? and what experience do you have? x

I'm look at southbank, kingston, west london, greenwich and middlesex. I dont have any experience!!! ive only beeen on a school trip where i got to speak to a midwife and find out about what the jobs like and the salary ect... what about you?
Reply 3
That's great, that you have spoken to a proper midwife!

Well i've done some work experience, and I will be at a maternity ward for a week in January which I am lucky to have!

What made you choose midwifery? :smile:
Reply 4
That's great, that you have spoken to a proper midwife!

Well i've done some work experience, and I will be at a maternity ward for a week in January which I am lucky to have!

What made you choose midwifery? :smile:

Ermmmmmm I was born premature and it made me want to support women as much as possible through their pregnancy, what about u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too fingers crossed :colondollar:

I'm looking at Leeds, Surrey, Nottingham, Edge Hill and Oxford Brookes. Have you guys got alot of further reading done?
Reply 6
Original post by northernlass
Me too fingers crossed :colondollar:

I'm looking at Leeds, Surrey, Nottingham, Edge Hill and Oxford Brookes. Have you guys got alot of further reading done?

are you doing a level biology? I really want to go to Nottingham...but did as biology and got an E :/
are you doing a level biology? I really want to go to Nottingham...but did as biology and got an E :/

yeah I managed to get a B at AS. Have you managed to carry it on to A2?
Reply 8
Original post by northernlass
yeah I managed to get a B at AS. Have you managed to carry it on to A2?

No wasn't allowed. So gutted so dont know if I should bother applying for Nottingham? Doing A level Psychology, History and German
I think you should. I don't think they specifically ask for biology a-level and I think most uni's see psychology as a science subject :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
thanks! let us know how you get on :smile:
I am! was told its really hard to get into so was going to do nursing first but thought better, so looking at applying to BCU, Worcester, Sheffield Hallam, UWE Bristol, Uni of York, Manchester Uni and Oxford Brookes.. Just can't decide on 5! has anyone looked into interview prep?! X
Original post by georgiekatex
I am! was told its really hard to get into so was going to do nursing first but thought better, so looking at applying to BCU, Worcester, Sheffield Hallam, UWE Bristol, Uni of York, Manchester Uni and Oxford Brookes.. Just can't decide on 5! has anyone looked into interview prep?! X

I've decided to do adult nursing now instead after talking to someone. But as for interview prep which will sort of be the same I'm gonna look out for any news articles and get up to date with any issues and topics. Also gonna just think of questions they can ask and stuff....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I got ADD at AS does this sound really bad??
Hi :smile:

Has anyone sent off their UCAS form yet? I'm applying to Cardiff, Keele, Uni of South Wales, Chester and Bangor if anyone else is as well :smile:? Anyone had any experience?

x
Reply 15
I sent off my ucas on the 8th :smile:
I applied to Manchester, Salford, ljmu, edge hill and Chester! So nervous! How long do you reckon we will have to wait to hear something back?
Reply 16
I've decided that I'm not doing midwifery anymore, I'm doing social work instead as midwifery is too competitive
Reply 17
I am applying keele, Chester, Birmingham, Manchester & Nottingham -sent my ucas of Friday anyone sent theirs?
Reply 18
Have you heard back from chester?
They declined my application on Friday :frown:
Reply 19
I have heard nothing back at all, what kind of experience do you have of you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending