Watch
This discussion is closed.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
The forum was best in Aug/Sept/Oct 2003.
thats because i joined then
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
It bemuses me when people talk of how the old days were better. Does this mean that the 'old timers' that remain on the forum are uninteresting? Why don't they do something about it (i.e. produce some of these fabled 'interesting' posts) instead of just moaning about how crap the board has become?
they cant, were running out of things to say because of the amount of members posting threads
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ah but the new threads are all apparently boring and inane. Surely the clever oldies can think of new, exciting topics?
like what for example?
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Okay.. poo. Some threads are quite offensive now Ah well, all I ever talk about is university anyway so I'm hardly on the mains. Well, let's just hope it's a temporary thing

xoxo
Yeah im hardly on the mains, and I just gloss over most of the posts that don't look interesting, unless I'm pissed or pissed off.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Only the clever, interesting old forum people could possibly know; I'm a newbie so I only think of uninteresting topics.
well im not really good at choosing being 13 and all.I have the nickname Mr useless poll
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
well im not really good at choosing being 13 and all.I have the nickname Mr useless poll
What about Mr Smilie, and one-word wonder!
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
or erics smilie disease which you have caught
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, some people do enjoy putting down others don't they? How childish they are.
as mad as it is i still enjoy this forum because i lot of people do play along with games etc* i went to a forum nd all they done was talked about the moons in space and planets.I got banned cause they accused me of being thick so i told them were to go
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
or erics smilie disease which you have caught
Yup, I caught it off you!
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Yup, I caught it off you!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've only been regular on here since early December, and I agree that my favourite time on UKL was up to about the 5th January when I went back to school. It was quite good after then, too.

I remember... The Isketch competitions, the story threads, the great Game, the legendary Will Young thread where we began to come up with stupid names for each other... and it was around there where I first met Gems, who's now a great internet friend.

Talking of Gems... she was never one for the debate and academic discussion, except for Israel and when she needed help with her own homework. But even she's fed up of the level of degeneration in this place, and she barely comes on any more. Myself, I'm getting fed up of the Server Busy messages but I still come on UKL purely because I'm online and have nothing better to do.

The degeneration in this place is getting far too bad, and there are people who are taking it far too seriously. Some members have plans to buy the forum for their own power and "the good of the forum". Sounds like Communism to me.

It seems that most of the content in this forum can be classified into one of four groups...
  • Intelligent discussion
  • Academic discussion
  • General chit-chat
  • Pointless spam

Now, I don't have a problem with the first three. I don't mind ISketch threads, stories where everyone takes part, stuff like that. But I hate the amount of spam here. Sure, I remember when Eric was the king of one-word posts and everyone laughed at him for that. Now look at the amount of pointless ****.

Now we need to think of a way to sort this out.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
I've only been regular on here since early December, and I agree that my favourite time on UKL was up to about the 5th January when I went back to school. It was quite good after then, too.

I remember... The Isketch competitions, the story threads, the great Game, the legendary Will Young thread where we began to come up with stupid names for each other... and it was around there where I first met Gems, who's now a great internet friend.

Talking of Gems... she was never one for the debate and academic discussion, except for Israel and when she needed help with her own homework. But even she's fed up of the level of degeneration in this place, and she barely comes on any more. Myself, I'm getting fed up of the Server Busy messages but I still come on UKL purely because I'm online and have nothing better to do.

The degeneration in this place is getting far too bad, and there are people who are taking it far too seriously. Some members have plans to buy the forum for their own power and "the good of the forum". Sounds like Communism to me.

It seems that most of the content in this forum can be classified into one of four groups...
  • Intelligent discussion
  • Academic discussion
  • General chit-chat
  • Pointless spam

Now, I don't have a problem with the first three. I don't mind ISketch threads, stories where everyone takes part, stuff like that. But I hate the amount of spam here. Sure, I remember when Eric was the king of one-word posts and everyone laughed at him for that. Now look at the amount of pointless ****.

get rid of members who dont post anymore
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Eric and 2776 were the kinds of one-worders. Nowadays, there aren't as many threads which I want to reply to. Back in the times when the highest post counts were lower, there was less spamming. Oh there I go again, on with my back n the old days comments!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
get rid of members who dont post anymore
They only stopped posting because they're fed up.
Custard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They only stopped posting because they're fed up.
Yes... at the moment, ukl is boring. Msn is so much better
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa13)
this forum was never as good as it used to be
true that...its a shame. Its now infested with trashy 'normal' people and there are too many children around...
Custard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
true that...its a shame. Its now infested with trashy 'normal' people and there are too many children around...
trashy 'normal' people. What is that ment to mean?
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Actions speak louder than words.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
trashy 'normal' people. What is that ment to mean?
People with half a brain basically - Not like the typical high school.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Only the clever, interesting old forum people could possibly know; I'm a newbie so I only think of uninteresting topics.
I disagree that the forum has degraded since August. In my view, It has only started degrading in the last 2 weeks.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (262)
33.98%
No (509)
66.02%

Watched Threads