The Student Room Group

Clearing Choice is taking forever

I rang Salford Uni 3 days ago (Tuesday) and they give me a verbal offer, I got confirmation of the offer via email within a few mins and added the course and uni to my clearing choices on UCAS Track straight away.

But now it's Friday and the course starts in 11 days, I've heard nothing since, not completed my student finance etc

Is getting a verbal offer mean I'm in and I have my place so I can sent my Student Finance application off?

Also how long will it take for Salford to accept me via UCAS Track?

I'll be cutting it fine if they don't get back to me soon :s-smilie:
Once they've made you an offer, they get a copy of your full application from UCAS. They can, in theory, decide not to confirm your offer once they've read it, but I've never known this to happen so dont panic. This probably explains the slight delay.

Send an email to the main Admissions Office now, and if you dont get a reply on Monday morning, follow that up with a phone call.
Original post by thattwitterguy
I rang Salford Uni 3 days ago (Tuesday) and they give me a verbal offer, I got confirmation of the offer via email within a few mins and added the course and uni to my clearing choices on UCAS Track straight away.

But now it's Friday and the course starts in 11 days, I've heard nothing since, not completed my student finance etc

Is getting a verbal offer mean I'm in and I have my place so I can sent my Student Finance application off?

Also how long will it take for Salford to accept me via UCAS Track?

I'll be cutting it fine if they don't get back to me soon :s-smilie:

Hi,

If you have received your confirmation email after getting the verbal offer then your place still stands. You just now need to wait for a Registration email; these are being sent out in batches on Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays so hopefully it will be with you shortly. If you still have not heard by Thursday, give the Clearing line a call 0161 295 5553.

In the meantime, you can look on the Get Ready pages to see what you Induction week will look like and plan your time accordingly: http://www.getready.salford.ac.uk/inductions

Hope this helps!

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending