The Student Room Group

Law Universities

Hi I'm looking to study law at university (if i'm lucky a top Russell Group Uni) but im unsure which universities I should be looking at given my grades. At GCSE I got A*A*AAAAAAABBBB (A* in BTEC P.E as well as per usual lol) and at AS level i got AAAB - I would love to go to a top law university like UCL or LSE...but do you think my grades are good enough?
I'd appreciate the feedback if you have the time :wink:
P.S I understand the course, for the top Unis at least, will require me to take the LNAT :wink:
Reply 1
Original post by Smithlar007
Hi I'm looking to study law at university (if i'm lucky a top Russell Group Uni) but im unsure which universities I should be looking at given my grades. At GCSE I got A*A*AAAAAAABBBB (A* in BTEC P.E as well as per usual lol) and at AS level i got AAAB - I would love to go to a top law university like UCL or LSE...but do you think my grades are good enough?
P.S I understand the course, for the top Unis at least, will require me to take the LNAT :wink:

No.
Reply 2
Can you tell me why? :smile:
Reply 3
Can you tell me why? :smile:

Your grades are not good enough.
Reply 4

Well, speaking from personal experience, I achieved:

A*A*A*AAAAAABBBB at GCSE, AABC at AS-Level and A*ABB at A2, and got into Law at a Russell Group University.

I received offers from Leeds, York, Sheffield, and applied to Manchester and Kings but got rejected because I didn't sit the LNAT. I'm going into my second year at York.

So, honestly? I think you're in with a good chance.

Obviously it's wise to have one insurance option, but yeah, I say go for it. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Your grades are not as bad as the posters above are suggesting. If you work hard and get 4A's or atleast 3A's at A-level ( maybe an A* or two) then you definatly stand a chance provided that other aspects of your application are up to scratch.
Reply 6
I'm at a top russel group and i got under half A's and the other half B's at GCSE. At A level i pulled my finger out with A*AA but that included retakes and soft A levels... you're absolutely fine and safely in the mark for getting into a top uni... you will be rejected from oxbridge, the london 3, notts, durham and maybe warwick ...apart from that if you get AAA at A level life will be a lot easier
Got 3 A's & 7 B's at GCSE, and now I'm studying law at a good Russell Group uni. Outside of Oxbridge, Durham, UCL, LSE & KCL, uni's won't care too much about GCSE's. It's more about AS grades, predictions & your personal statement, and AAA at AS definitely puts you in a good position. I'd hazard a guess that you could probably get a KCL offer if your LNAT is good enough, but not too sure about the rest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending