This discussion is closed.
K.Dodds
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I am about to start my last year studying biomedical science but I am applying to medicine for after I graduate. I am going to pay the tuition fees using the money I already have and with the maintenance loan I will still get from student finance (I know I won't get any tuition fee loan or maintenance grant for a second degree).

I am stuck in the fee code part of my UCAS application, can anyone tell me which option is the right one for me please?

• 01 Private finance - Entire cost of tuition fees is to be paid by private finance.
  • 02 UK, ChI, loM or EU student finance services - Applying for student support assessment by local authority, Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, Student Awards Agency for Scotland, Student Finance NI (Northern Ireland), Northern Ireland Education and Library Board, SLC EU Team, Channel Island or Isle of Man agency.
  • 04 Research councils - Contribution from a research council.
  • 05 DHSS/Regional Health - Contribution from the Department of Health and Social Security or from a Regional Health Authority.
  • 06 UK Govt international award - International student award from the UK Government or the British Council.
  • 07 Training agency - Contribution from a training agency.
  • 08 Other UK Govt award - Contribution from another Government source.
  • 09 International agency - Contribution from an international agency, government, university or industry.
  • 10 UK Industry/commerce - Contribution from UK industry or commerce.
  • 90 Other source - Other source of finance.
  • 99 Not known - Not known.

If you are applying to any of the authorities listed in fee code 02, they may assess your eligibility for any financial support towards tuition fees.

If you are applying for a mixture of courses involving more than one fee code, such as 02 and 05, enter the fee code that applies to most of the courses you have chosen.

If all or part of your tuition fees will be paid by an award from another organisation (for example, a National Health Service bursary, a company sponsor or a training agency), please choose the appropriate code. Bursaries for nursing courses are usually category 05. If you are currently applying for sponsorship, give the name of your first choice sponsor in your personal statement section. You can find out more about company sponsorship from a careers adviser. You should say in your personal statement if you plan to defer to the next academic year if your application for sponsorship this year is unsuccessful.

You should only use code 01 if you are paying all of your tuition fees from private finance and you are not eligible for assessment under student support arrangements.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It would be code 01, but you're bonkers to pay your fees in advance - what if you die / become disabled? Then you'd never have to pay the fees back.

Honestly, you're better off keeping the money for a house deposit / similar, and paying off the loan in the normal way. You'll still only be paying 9% of your salary over the threshold - it's not 9% per degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
K.Dodds
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
It would be code 01, but you're bonkers to pay your fees in advance - what if you die / become disabled? Then you'd never have to pay the fees back.

Honestly, you're better off keeping the money for a house deposit / similar, and paying off the loan in the normal way. You'll still only be paying 9% of your salary over the threshold - it's not 9% per degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for your help I don't really understand what you mean. Because I am doing a second degree I don't get tuition fee loans or a maintenance grant so I am having to pay the fees myself but as its a 5 year course in the last couple of years I'll be using money I'll have saved from the maintenance loan that I'll still be getting. I have asked around banks for a loan but they won't give me one because I am not working. So is it still fee code 01 if I am paying for it with money I have saved so far, plus with the help of the maintenance loan?

Thanks, Kristine
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by K.Dodds)
Thanks for your help I don't really understand what you mean. Because I am doing a second degree I don't get tuition fee loans or a maintenance grant so I am having to pay the fees myself but as its a 5 year course in the last couple of years I'll be using money I'll have saved from the maintenance loan that I'll still be getting. I have asked around banks for a loan but they won't give me one because I am not working. So is it still fee code 01 if I am paying for it with money I have saved so far, plus with the help of the maintenance loan?

Thanks, Kristine
Yep, fee code 01 (the maintenance loan is 'private money' to pay for your maintenance, so if you use it for the tuition fees it is counts as private finance afaik).
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah, ok I missed that aspect of your post. It'll be 01.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hayls8813
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For nursing which code is it?
nerdcake
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hayls8813)
For nursing which code is it?
Code 05. It even says that in the OP ^^
hayls8813
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nerdcake)
Code 05. It even says that in the OP ^^
Clearly had a moment there, i never read the above thanks
iprejbeanu1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if I wish to apply for the government loan (talking about the one that offers 9000 pounds/year for uk ) what code do I need to choose?
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iprejbeanu1)
if I wish to apply for the government loan (talking about the one that offers 9000 pounds/year for uk ) what code do I need to choose?
If you're talking about the Student Finance Tuition Fee Loan which is paid direct to the university, that's 02.
iprejbeanu1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Klix88)
If you're talking about the Student Finance Tuition Fee Loan which is paid direct to the university, that's 02.
thank you so much
Naveed John Paul
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Student Finance Tuition Fee i.e In code 2 also available for International student Or If not then what I choose as i am from poor family !!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (53)
67.95%
No I haven't decided yet (16)
20.51%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.54%

Watched Threads