The Student Room Group

University of London international programme LLB

Is it any good? I'm going to do it through The Hong Kong Polytechnic University... was also wondering if this university had anything to do with the degree as well.
Reply 1
Hi, I did it and got a first and won some prizes - however it is very tough. I did it past time (at no institution) through self-study, but I have a strong academic background oxbridge, first in undergrad degree, distinction in master's. I'm not especially bright, but I do like books, ideas, learning etc - a lot of students dont!

The exams are tough 4 questions from 8 - other unis - eg LSE - will often be 3 from 12. And the questions are not predictable so you need to know the whole syllabus. The main issue will be in the UK you need a 2:1, which is a walk in the park at most unis if you have half a brain and put some effort in, but I would say is not easy on the international LLB degree - I think only about 10% of people who comeplete the course get it.
Reply 2
Anyone else have any experience of studying this degree?

I was considering it as it’s cheap, fits in well with work and family and I think would prefer self study.

I am now a bit put off by its low pass rates and hardcore reputation.

Any thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending