Can't remember all of my gcse results!

Watch
traceyed1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi
I am applying this year to do adult nursing but I left school many years ago and can't find my certificates. I know I will have to get them replaced but I can only remember my grades for English, maths and science. Do I have to declare all my other subjects on my UCAS form even if they are not relevant? Please help! Thank you
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, you have to declare all exams taken, even if you got a U. To do otherwise can lead to your who application being deemed fraudulent, with all the implications that that brings

Posted from TSR Mobile
traceyed1
Rep:
?
Oh no I won't be able to apply until I get replacement certificates then will I?

Posted from TSR Mobile
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No you can apply now but you will need to bring proof of your results at some point
traceyed1
Rep:
?
i have put my english, maths and science results on my ucas form but i wont be able to put the other subjects on there until i receive the replacement certificates and know for certain what the grades were. Or would it be worth contacting the Universities and explaining the situation and see what they advise?

(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
No you can apply now but you will need to bring proof of your results at some point
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by traceyed1)
i have put my english, maths and science results on my ucas form but i wont be able to put the other subjects on there until i receive the replacement certificates and know for certain what the grades were. Or would it be worth contacting the Universities and explaining the situation and see what they advise?
I would contact your school - they may have records and will certainly know which boards you did. To get replacement certificates only takes a couple of weeks ( and costs a fortune).

If you are applying for next years entry you still have loads of time. You certainly don't want to undersell yourself by leaving off your exams or by putting incorrect details.
traceyed1
Rep:
?
I know which boards i need to contact as i spoke to someone i went to school with and they looked at their certificates. I left school in 1996 so my school wouldn't have any records of me i don't think. Getting replacement certificates is going to be a pain as i now have to find my marriage certificate as i have a different name now to when i did the exams grrrr so annoyed i had my exam certificates for years and now i need them they go missing!
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know which boards i need to contact as i spoke to someone i went to school with and they looked at their certificates. I left school in 1996 so my school wouldn't have any records of me i don't think. Getting replacement certificates is going to be a pain as i now have to find my marriage certificate as i have a different name now to when i did the exams grrrr so annoyed i had my exam certificates for years and now i need them they go missing!
I'm afraid it will be quite costly as well. You're quite sure you've searched everywhere?
traceyed1
Rep:
?
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
I'm afraid it will be quite costly as well. You're quite sure you've searched everywhere?

Oh yes i have searched high and low for them they have disappeared i am so annoyed as i had them for so long without needing them then when i do...Gone!
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh yes i have searched high and low for them they have disappeared i am so annoyed as i had them for so long without needing them then when i do...Gone!
I'm very sorry. Life is unaccountably like that.
IndyJK9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you contact the school you sat them at, there's a chance they might still have them on record.
abubakar261
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can't you call your exam centre or your school for your grades, because I remember misplacing my exam results and asking my school to print me another copy.
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by abubakar261)
Can't you call your exam centre or your school for your grades, because I remember misplacing my exam results and asking my school to print me another copy.
OP left school 17 years ago. They won't have kept records that long.
abubakar261
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OP left school 17 years ago. They won't have kept records that long.
oh, my bad but it is worth a try
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
oh, my bad but it is worth a try
Indeed, it's all I can think of, too, but it's unlikely to help.

OP, can you use the memories of your classmates to at least recall which exam boards were used? Bear in mind also that several exam boards operating then have been subsumed into others. AEB went into AQA for example.
abubakar261
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Indeed, it's all I can think of, too, but it's unlikely to help.

OP, can you use the memories of your classmates to at least recall which exam boards were used? Bear in mind also that several exam boards operating then have been subsumed into others. AEB went into AQA for example.
what do you mean?
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what do you mean?
I saying that she might be able to find out from her friends at least which boards to contact to get the results, but that some boards don't exist any more and have been taken over by other boards so she will have to contact the new boards to access the records of the ones which don't exist now.
traceyed1
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone for your advice. My husband has found them!! I am so relieved! Panic over

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks everyone for your advice. My husband has found them!! I am so relieved! Panic over

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hooray for husbands!
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hope your prospective employer doesn't read this as I would be concerned at someone not remembering them, as it is only at most likely to be twelve exam results to remember.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (151)
45.07%
Take exams next summer (52)
15.52%
Change uni choice through clearing (80)
23.88%
Apply to uni next year instead (36)
10.75%
I'm not applying to university (16)
4.78%

Watched Threads