The Student Room Group

Chinese GCE, do universities accept it as a full A level?

For example, if I got AAC'B' and the last B is the Chinese, does it count as AAB or AAC.
Thanks, aiming towards the mid/top end universities.
Original post by GhostofZues
For example, if I got AAC'B' and the last B is the Chinese, does it count as AAB or AAC.
Thanks, aiming towards the mid/top end universities.
If it's your native language, it will not be treated in the same way as your other subjects. They may exclude it from any offers.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
If it's your native language, it will not be treated in the same way as your other subjects. They may exclude it from any offers.

What she said. :smile:

If the language is your native language, it would usually be looked over/excluded.

If you're not Chinese and you learnt Chinese A-Level however, then yes it would, as usual, count as an A-Level.
Reply 3
It depends on what course and uni you are applying for. because for things like dentistry, my course, no.

But the gcse does count.

My friend had done an a level chinese and got an A in it, he got accepted into sheffield with that grade and 2 other a levels.

The thing is, universities admins don't actually understand the fact that if you were born in britain and brought up here, it's actually much harder to learn your own native language than it is to learn english because of the fact that most people don't speak it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending