The Student Room Group

Current Year Income Assessment Form

Hello, I am a final year Engineering student, I started university in 2010. (Graduate June 2014)

My final year begins at the end of this month.

This year I received my grant/loan agreement which was pre-calculated with old figures.
______

My father's income was reduced by 30% in November 2012.

I was confused by which form to use (As the website says "For courses which start after 1st September etc etc etc ) -

I am currently filling out the form for the academic year 2013-14, is this correct? Or am I to use the previous year's form?

There is also a section that is asking if they have the financial details for 2011-2012, which I am sure they do, but am not sure? It says to use the form, but the form itself is identical.
Should I include evidence with the form?

Thank you
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there,

Normally, if a Current Year Income assessment is used to calculate your entitlement for an Academic Year, those figures would automatically be used again to assess you for your finance the following Academic Year also. As you are starting your final year in 13/14 Academic Year, we would still need all sponsors to complete the paper PFF2 form with their 11/12 tax year details for auditing purposes - this is a requirement to award you the correct funding this year.

If your income has decreased again, you can then have all your sponsors (parents) to complete the Current Year Income assessment form for 13/14 Academic Year with their estimated income for the 13/14 tax year.

You can find the PFF2 form for 13/14 Academic Year at the following link: http://bit.ly/18nxy1Z

If you require the 13/14 Academic Year Current Year Income assessment form, you can find it by going to www.slc.co.uk/forms and searching for 'CYI' in the top, right search bar.

Thanks,
Reply 2
Hi. I sent in the form already (Current year assessment) by recorded delivery;

and will fill out this form with my father tomorrow morning and send it off ASAP.

Is this fine? Will Student Finance have the Current Year Assessment on record? Or is it safer to send another copy with this form?

I arrive at the university on the 22nd, and my lectures begin on the 1st of October, will payments be late?
(edited 10 years ago)
HI there,

Your CYI will be scanned onto your account. We work evidence in date order , a reassessment will take place on your account in approx 4 weeks.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest