Jay95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi just thought I start a thread for those who want to apply for veterinary nursing this year .

I would like to apply to the RVC and Middlesex but I am not sure which one is first choice :/
xlizx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jay95)
Hi just thought I start a thread for those who want to apply for veterinary nursing this year .

I would like to apply to the RVC and Middlesex but I am not sure which one is first choice :/
Hi I am applying to do a BSc in veterinary nursing for 2014 , my first choice is The College of West Anglia and still need to decide on my other choices
EmmaJayne.x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm applying too for the BSc after a gap year. RVC would be my first choice, although I wouldn't turn down Bristol to do VN+BVS.
xlizx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What kind of work experience does everyone have?
Jay95
Rep:
?
Can i ask why u guys have chosen vet nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jay95
Rep:
?
oh and my work exp is ...
2 weeks SA vet
8 day course london zoo
RVC summer school
volunteering at stables in riding schook
and another 2 weeks at SA vet

what about u guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
xlizx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Working with animals in a hands on role is something I have wanted to do for a while and when I researched into veterinary nursing it just seemed ti fit, supporting animals throughout their care and treatment it exactly what I want to do.

How about you? why veterinary nursing?

Work experience wise I have been volunteering at a Hedgehog hospital for 5 weeks, and am going to spend the rest of the year getting as much work experience as I can as I know I don't have enough at the moment. I'm also going to be doing the animal nursing assistants qualification while I do this
Jay95
Rep:
?
That sounds like a good plan! u need veterinary wrk exp right?

yeah i want to do vet nursing for the same reasons as u! To work with animals in the after care and being hands one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
xlizx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, the entry requirements for the Uni I'm applying for are to have a minimum of four weeks animal experience with at least two weeks in a small or mixed veterinary practice so I'm email around all my local vets to see if they'll have me
Jay95
Rep:
?
What are your other choices for uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
xlizx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I haven't decided yet, I'm trying to find uni's that I can commute to from Cambridge, finding hard to pick five so don't know if ill use all of my choices. Are you applying to any other ones?
Jay95
Rep:
?
hmmm id really like one close to home so i can commute so first choice is middlesex then its the RVC but if i go RVC then id probably have to move out....and i dont want to lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
xlizx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fingers crossed we get our first choices then lol
TamsinJayne
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm hoping to apply to Harper Adams << first choice , Myerscough HE college, Nottingham Trent. I'm not sure at the moment if I will be applying to anywhere else. I've done 6 weeks in a small animal veterinary practice, 1 week at a horse stables and I've got weeks booked for next Easter and summer holidays at a small and large vets practice.
Jay95
Rep:
?
(Original post by TamsinJayne)
I'm hoping to apply to Harper Adams << first choice , Myerscough HE college, Nottingham Trent. I'm not sure at the moment if I will be applying to anywhere else. I've done 6 weeks in a small animal veterinary practice, 1 week at a horse stables and I've got weeks booked for next Easter and summer holidays at a small and large vets practice.
wow you got loads of exp for vet nursing!!
TamsinJayne
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thanks I really enjoy doing work experience as there's always something different to see, plus the staff are really friendly. I did 4 weeks in a small animal practice during the summer holidays.
Jay95
Rep:
?
yeah thats true, i did 2 weeks at a small animal vets and summer school at thr RVC over my summer :-D
Shadow_hunter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh bother .. I only decided I defiantly wanted to do veterinary nursing before the summer so I spent the whole summer trying to find work experience and their was nothing (I live in a rural area) I have 1 week lined up in October and that's it ..HELP
xlizx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Shadow_hunter)
Oh bother .. I only decided I defiantly wanted to do veterinary nursing before the summer so I spent the whole summer trying to find work experience and their was nothing (I live in a rural area) I have 1 week lined up in October and that's it ..HELP
is there any way you can travel a bit further out?, or are there any farms or stables close by? as long as you have a least some veterinary experience, and the rest made up of stables/farms/pets shops/shelter etc I think that will be fine

Where are you applying to?
TamsinJayne
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some places only want 2 weeks done before your interview (which would be in January/February) and you could make up the weeks in hours, last year I was in the vets on a Wednesday after school for 2 and a half hours, so that's made up one of my weeks, you could do your work experience this way once you find somewhere
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads