The Student Room Group

Do I stand a chance for and get it easly with these module marks ?

Cambridge university

Civil Law (i) 86%
Constitutional Law 75%
Criminal Law 90%
Tort Law 88%
Law of Contract 84%
Land Law 81%
Civil Law (ii) 88%
Admnistrative Law 74%
Law of Evidence 83%
Business Law 78%
Commercial 80%
Family Law 81%
Law of Trust 78%
European Union Law 74%
Reply 1
I don't understand the question
Reply 2
If you mean a first then yeah it looks like you're on track. Just keep doing what you're doing.

(Assuming you actually got those marks ofc)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm asking if its possible to get a place for Bar Professional Training Course with these very easly with the marks listed below

Cambridge university

Civil Law (i) 86%
Constitutional Law 75%
Criminal Law 90%
Tort Law 88%
Law of Contract 84%
Land Law 81%
Civil Law (ii) 88%
Admnistrative Law 74%
Law of Evidence 83%
Business Law 78%
Commercial 80%
Family Law 81%
Law of Trust 78%
European Union Law 74%
Reply 4
Firstly, I'll humour you for the sake of it - if you, or anyone for that matter, achieved those grades then you could practically do anything you'd like.

However, having looked at your previous posts (all 3 of them), it appears you're confused/trying to second guess the marks you may obtain at university. Unlike like most science-based subjects, law (at most universities) have an unofficial cap on the highest grade one is able to obtain (I believe it is usually around 78). I don't go to Cambridge and, unless someone can state otherwise, I'm sure they will also have this same principle in place.

Furthermore, even IF those grades were possible in theory, I doubt many, if anyone, has the intellect, dedication and grasp of the subject at undergraduate level to come close to achieving such high grades. I had lunch with a barrister a few weeks ago that obtained the highest grades in 10 years at Cambridge for his LLB and his grades did not look even remotely close to those.
This is the stupidest question I've seen in a long time.

But yes, I suppose if you get grades averaging ~10% higher than any student has ever achieved, you have a good chance of a place on the BPTC course.

The requirements for a place on the BPTC course are that you can spell your own name and afford the fees. The first requirement may be waived.

ps. Why have you already decided you don't like Public Law? Those Con & Ad marks are a disgrace!
pps. There's no such module as 'business law' at Cambridge.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
who is this bozo !
Reply 7
Banks a 90 in Cambridge Crim exam...can't spell easily. Totally legit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending