The Student Room Group

Aqa a2 english lit b unit 3- the gothic

Hi,

So I'm starting Year 13 in a few days and am doing AQA English Lit A2. For unit 3, our gothic genre texts are 'Frakenstein', 'Northanger Abbey' and 'The Bloody Chamber'.

I was wondering if anyone who's done any of these in Year 13, or anyone who's also doing these with me, had any sort of advice they could give, as I'd like to get a head start on this year's work. I've read the books, but don't really have an idea as to how our teacher is going to analyze them after asking us all to read them. Should I annotate them in relation to specific themes? Study setting? What did former Year 13's do with the texts in A2? All I know is we're studying the gothic genre :/ Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by fatimaja
Hi,

So I'm starting Year 13 in a few days and am doing AQA English Lit A2. For unit 3, our gothic genre texts are 'Frakenstein', 'Northanger Abbey' and 'The Bloody Chamber'.

I was wondering if anyone who's done any of these in Year 13, or anyone who's also doing these with me, had any sort of advice they could give, as I'd like to get a head start on this year's work. I've read the books, but don't really have an idea as to how our teacher is going to analyze them after asking us all to read them. Should I annotate them in relation to specific themes? Study setting? What did former Year 13's do with the texts in A2? All I know is we're studying the gothic genre :/ Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! :smile:

Hello,
I am also doing this right now - currently doing coursework and I am studying the texts 'Bloody Chamber' 'Frankenstein' and 'Macbeth'.
The only advice I could give you is probably look at them in regards to the AOs. They will give you the mark and so just keep looking at them and annotating the story with those in mind. - Sorry its pretty bad advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending