Turn on thread page Beta

Studying Btec L3 Extended Diploma in Business - Which Uni's really accept it? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am predicted to get D*D*D* for the Extended Diploma, and most of the universities I'm looking at are asking for DDD/DDM [Newcastle University, Exeter, Lancaster, York].

Although I will get higher than the required grades, I'm worried because the qualification is not as respected as A Levels and I was wondering if anyone had any experience [or knows of anyone] of getting offers/places from any of these universities?

I am also looking at Uni of Nottingham, Nottingham Trent, Uni of Sheffield & Northumbria to study either Business Management or Business Management with Human Resources.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrym)
    I am predicted to get D*D*D* for the Extended Diploma, and most of the universities I'm looking at are asking for DDD/DDM [Newcastle University, Exeter, Lancaster, York].

Although I will get higher than the required grades, I'm worried because the qualification is not as respected as A Levels and I was wondering if anyone had any experience [or knows of anyone] of getting offers/places from any of these universities?

I am also looking at Uni of Nottingham, Nottingham Trent, Uni of Sheffield & Northumbria to study either Business Management or Business Management with Human Resources.

Thank you!
    I'm kind of in the same position as yourself, I'm doing a BTEC Diploma Subsidiary in Business along with A2 History and Geography. I've emailed most the universities you've mentioned and they said they'll make offers of of around Distinction/A/B. However I'm still not certain they'll view my application in the same light as a 'standard' application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.