The Student Room Group

Aspiring medics further reading

Hi everyone,
Was just wondering if anyone out there in Year 13 hoping to apply for medicine for 2014 entry had done any further reading for their personal statement? If so, any recommendations of any books I could buy and read?
Doesn't matter if I can read them to put on my personal statement, it'd just be nice to read something before interview.
Thank you!
-emilyride:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by emilyride
Hi everyone,
Was just wondering if anyone out there in Year 13 hoping to apply for medicine for 2014 entry had done any further reading for their personal statement? If so, any recommendations of any books I could buy and read?
Doesn't matter if I can read them to put on my personal statement, it'd just be nice to read something before interview.
Thank you!
-emilyride:smile:

Hey :smile:

I would recommend reading the student BMJ, as it keeps you up to date with medical news as well as just being an interesting read.
I can't really recommend books as I don't know what you're interested in. I love neuroscience so I read some books by Ramachandran and Oliver Sacks. I think just go into a book shop and browse through the popular science section until you find something interesting :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending