The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got asked "Why Maths?" on 2 separate occasions. Second time I had the temerity to say at first "Beats me!"
I didn't get asked "Why Maths?", but at Oxford you don't get a general interview.

I did get asked why I hadn't "just stayed in Scotland". I replied something along the lines of "Unfortunately Oxford happens to be in England."
Reply 22
Actually at Oxford I did have one general interview, in which I got asked mostly about things on my personal statement like the books I'd "read" and about my helping out with a year 7 maths class. It was in that interview that I got the killer question about whether my school was near a certain road (the interviewer goes to Bristol quite often apparenlty) and I had no idea, turns out to be the road right next to my school:rolleyes: . Anyway, even at my second choice colelge which didnt ask any non-maths questions they had read my statement cos they mentioned teh lecturesm I said I went to halfway through.
Reply 23
e-unit
I didn't get asked "Why Maths?", but at Oxford you don't get a general interview.

I did get asked why I hadn't "just stayed in Scotland". I replied something along the lines of "Unfortunately Oxford happens to be in England."

ha ha great! and id like to see someone say the insurance choice answer...

reading r3m0ts post.... all i have to say is "omg!"
Reply 24
Any suggestions? I need to hand in a draft soon. Sorry for bumping the topic. It's post #7.

Latest

Trending

Trending