Does anyone know anything about Munich and its social, economic and environmental problems? I've looked on the internet but can't find much at all. Any ideas?
Do you need to know anything about the political side.
A little info:
1. the minister of bavaria was up for the elections last september (he wanted to become "Bundeskanzler", but sadly Schroeder won the elections due the floods in eastern germany.
2. may be u've heard of it, but germany did miserably in the PISA test (this test the abilities of the pupils i.e. their ability to read, to do maths, sciences etc.), but bavaria still had the best result in the whole of germnay and their education is very good.
3. this is partially due to the fatc that a lot of high tech industry built up around that area.
4. munich is the "capital city" of bavaria
5. there are a few sterotypes about bavaria - people imagine men drinking lots of beer singing weird songs and dancing around in 'Lederhosen'.
if you won't some more info, try www.muenchen.de if it's of any help to you. (you can view the page in english if you want to.)