This discussion is closed.
rowei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Does anyone know anything about Munich and its social, economic and environmental problems? I've looked on the internet but can't find much at all. Any ideas?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
its government has just switched its 14000 computers from windowz to suse linux...
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by rowei
Does anyone know anything about Munich and its social, economic and environmental problems? I've looked on the internet but can't find much at all. Any ideas?
That's a very broad target area. Can you not narrow it down at all to more specific areas of the aforementioned topics?
schuppy124
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Well how much do you know about munich?

Do you need to know anything about the political side.

A little info:
1. the minister of bavaria was up for the elections last september (he wanted to become "Bundeskanzler", but sadly Schroeder won the elections due the floods in eastern germany.
2. may be u've heard of it, but germany did miserably in the PISA test (this test the abilities of the pupils i.e. their ability to read, to do maths, sciences etc.), but bavaria still had the best result in the whole of germnay and their education is very good.
3. this is partially due to the fatc that a lot of high tech industry built up around that area.
4. munich is the "capital city" of bavaria
5. there are a few sterotypes about bavaria - people imagine men drinking lots of beer singing weird songs and dancing around in 'Lederhosen'.

if you won't some more info, try www.muenchen.de if it's of any help to you. (you can view the page in english if you want to.)
rowei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Thanks schuppy124. I'll take a look at the website.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
33.88%
No (525)
66.12%

Watched Threads