The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance for LSE?

Hi, I'm applying to uni quite soon and I need to know if I have a realistic shot at getting into some of the unis I'm applying to (for econ and management).

I got ABBB (econ, maths, physics, chemistry)
GCSE - 8.5 A*S, 1.5 As, 1 B

Predicted;
A* - econ
A - maths
A - chemistry
A or B -physics (probably B unless I manage to convince my teacher)

I'm also doing AS further maths this year (y13).

Are my grades (and predicted grades) good enough for LSE Management (assuming I have a very good personal statement and reference)? The entry criteria is AAB.

Thank you! :smile:
Yes. With ease.

Getting into LSE isn't what it used to be, kid.
I think you have a shot as your AS levels are only 1 grade off the entry requirements. We can't say you will definately get an offer or not, as only the admissions tutors know exactly what they are looking for and what sort of applications they expect.

So long as you have some other safer choices on your PS I think it is worth applying to LSE and seeing what happens.
Reply 3
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
I think you have a shot as your AS levels are only 1 grade off the entry requirements. We can't say you will definately get an offer or not, as only the admissions tutors know exactly what they are looking for and what sort of applications they expect.

So long as you have some other safer choices on your PS I think it is worth applying to LSE and seeing what happens.

Ahh I see.. So I guess I'll just have to apply and hope for the best!

Also when you say safer choices, do you mean try for a uni with a lower offer than AAB, (like ABB)? Cause most of the ones I really want to go to have AAA or higher requirements :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest