techno836
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Kosovaa)
I'm doing Edexcel Biology and Chemistry. Thing is I think I may have some dodgy teachers for biology
I have one Iffy teacher for Bio :/

anyway night people
mitchellshazia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi all, I'm doing OCR Biology
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mitchellshazia)
Hi all, I'm doing OCR Biology
Unrelated, I just wanted to compliment you on your avatar. Professor Layton :teeth: .

I'm on OCR as well :yep:
iWoof
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Young One Pitt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Im picking it up this year, subbed to the thread, thanks.
Hh_97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by a123a)
Make sure you learn the topic, not just memorise it (for now), I've been doing all my homework on weekdays, so when the weekend comes I have time to re write notes and consolidate what I learnt over the past week.

Other than that just make sure you don't leave thins to the last minute.
Thanks, I'll make sure to follow that

Posted from TSR Mobile
zed963
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've created the Chem thread, let me know if there's any error on it.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post44433294
HeyThereHarry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My biology teacher apparently taught last year's class incorrect information! ...so that doesn't fill me with confidence!
I think I'm going to have to do quite a bit of self-teaching as we progress through the course to make sure we're doing it right!

She's said she's not going to teach us it in the actual order of the modules, which annoys me greatly. I'm going to get confused with which notes is for which exam, and organising my folder will be a pain if we're constantly flitting between topics :/ ...but I suppose she does it this way because things from different topics/modules probably link together, making it easier to teach. We'll see how it goes.
mitchellshazia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jatz07)
Same here

*High 5* :rolleyes:

Jatz
*high five back*

(Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
Unrelated, I just wanted to compliment you on your avatar. Professor Layton :teeth: .

I'm on OCR as well :yep:
Haha, Professor Layton is awesome!
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mitchellshazia)
Haha, Professor Layton is awesome!
I still haven't played the most recent one (I don't have a 3DS ... ), but Lost Future will always be my favourite
techno836
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
For all of the biologists here who are doing chemistry as well, Zed has made the Chemistry thread if you haven't already seen it Link below

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post44438379
Gotzz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi guys,
I'm currently studying A2 biology with OCR, I got an A at AS.
Feel free to quote or PM me if you need any help
iWoof
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gotzz)
Hi guys,
I'm currently studying A2 biology with OCR, I got an A at AS.
Feel free to quote or PM me if you need any help
If I forgot most of the things I've done in biology gcse, and I'm doing biology a level. Would I be struggling?
iWoof
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HeyThereHarry)
My biology teacher apparently taught last year's class incorrect information! ...so that doesn't fill me with confidence!
I think I'm going to have to do quite a bit of self-teaching as we progress through the course to make sure we're doing it right!

She's said she's not going to teach us it in the actual order of the modules, which annoys me greatly. I'm going to get confused with which notes is for which exam, and organising my folder will be a pain if we're constantly flitting between topics :/ ...but I suppose she does it this way because things from different topics/modules probably link together, making it easier to teach. We'll see how it goes.
If you can afford to, hire a tutor.
Or since you're going to self teach also, teach yourself whatever your biology teacher taught you that same day.
Gotzz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iWoof)
If I forgot most of the things I've done in biology gcse, and I'm doing biology a level. Would I be struggling?
Nope. I pretty much forgot everything from GCSE and I did fine, everything is taught from scratch.
paradoxicalme
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
I still haven't played the most recent one (I don't have a 3DS ... ), but Lost Future will always be my favourite
LAYTON!!! Why did Miracle Mask have to be 3DS :cry:

Lost Future is probably the best one, I'd agree. Have you tried Spectre's Call? I didn't think the storyline was as good as the first three.
DavidYorkshireFTW
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If anyone is interested in buying an AQA Nelson Thornes: Biology AS textbook/ CGP revision pm me, they're both in good condition, it will be cheap too
Also I have completed AS biology and got a B, so if anyone needs any help, just quote this post and I'll do my best to answer your query
paradoxicalme
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't know what to think...one of my Biology teachers is absolutely lovely, and I like the other one but she's got weirdly high standards...she kept asking me how we could make a certain experiment more quantitative, and it turns out you use a 'colouromiter' which I have never heard of before in my life, and she expected me to know it! And then said 'AS is a big step up, but I believe in you'. Now I'm scared.
paradoxicalme
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW)
If anyone is interested in buying an AQA Nelson Thornes: Biology AS textbook/ CGP revision pm me, they're both in good condition, it will be cheap too
Also I have completed AS biology and got a B, so if anyone needs any help, just quote this post and I'll do my best to answer your query
What's the best way of revising for/doing Biology? I figured I would do colourful notes on each topic as I did it, would that work?
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HeyThereHarry)
(...)
What is your problem? Can I help you? Tell me what the trouble is and I do my best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.16%
No (559)
65.84%

Watched Threads