A2 AQA History cw help Watch

786:)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Please can someone advise me on the AQA A2 courswork. I am looking at Britain 1800-1900. I'm not sure about my question yet. I would like some advise on achieving an A/A*
Many thanks
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
super_v
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did Russia 1800 to 1900 last year and got an A for cw. My advice is that you have to really answer your question. You also have to have a very very very clear essay plan in you mind before you start writing. Take time to think about you question and how to answer it precisely because a good question and essay structure will get you the grade you want. ) and of course you have to read and research as much as you can.

good luck !

Ps. from my experience, dont be panic if your first draft is such a total mass. I got level 1 when I send off my fist draft to my tutor. I was down for a few weeks and almost crying while rewrote it. So keep calm and do you CW
Rep:
?
Thank you for the help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mattylong28
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not doing that period but you must be analytical is all my teacher is ever saying. Eh? I thought analytical was a word but I'm getting the red squiggly line treatment.
AndrewGrace
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did Russia 1891-1991 and got an A for coursework so can definitely help with structure and i also studied Britain 1815-1915 over AS and A2 so can probably be of some help with content
hannahfoureyes
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 786:))
Please can someone advise me on the AQA A2 courswork. I am looking at Britain 1800-1900. I'm not sure about my question yet. I would like some advise on achieving an A/A*
Many thanks
I'm doing American 1776 - 1876, so obviously can't help much on your question title, but one thing I can advise on is get in as many drafts as you possibly can!

Don't worry about your first draft being rubbish, I got 26/60 on my first draft! But the more you hand in drafts the more chance you have of an A/A* (I'm now on my 9th draft and am on 42/60 which is equivalent to a low B).

Also, make sure if you put in an opinion (obviously in third person) make sure you can find a historian who also expressed the same opinion! You wont get any marks for an opinion unless you can justify it with a historian.

Good luck with it though! I'm also aiming for an A/A*
Rep:
?
Thank you all for your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
This is for AndrewGrace
I have chosen my question and carried out a fair amount of research. My question is the following: 'To what extent was political reform in Britain 1790 and 1918 the result of pressure from the working class?'
Just to see if I'm on the right track with my research what do you think my answer should be based on what you have learnt for your exams?
Many thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Also to everyone how many hours a week have you spent (did you spend) on your coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AndrewGrace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is for AndrewGrace
I have chosen my question and carried out a fair amount of research. My question is the following: 'To what extent was political reform in Britain 1790 and 1918 the result of pressure from the working class?'
Just to see if I'm on the right track with my research what do you think my answer should be based on what you have learnt for your exams?
Many thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Look at:
Popular protest in the period 1815-1820 (but then question whether they really wanted political reform
Change in government in 1830 (Tories to Whigs) (passing of the Great Reform Act 1832)
Working class protest around the time of the Great Reform Act
Chartism
Gladstone/Disraeli- their beliefs
Passing of the Second Reform Act (i have an excellent article regarding this) and the different factors here
Passing of the 1872 Secret Ballot Act
Passing of the 1883 Corrupt and Illegal Practices Act
Passing of the 1884 Third Reform Act
Passing of the 1885 Redistribution Act
Passing of the 1911 Parliament Act
Passing of the 1918 Fourth Reform Act
(and the different factors behind each of these)

Essentially look at:
- Social trends over the period in terms of the growth of a 'working class' and their demands over the period
-Demands of the working class in the immediate year or two before a piece of legislation is passed
-Demands of the middle class
-Beliefs of those in government e.g CON/LIB
-Pressure from government to pass reform
Rep:
?
Thank you very much! That has helped one more question when you were at the researching stage how long on average did you spend on your coursework per week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AndrewGrace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you very much! That has helped one more question when you were at the researching stage how long on average did you spend on your coursework per week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would spend a good 4/5 hours per week, researching, reading, making notes and constructing a plan and i would say that went on for a good 3/4 weeks at least

If you want to construct a plan and email it to me i would be more than happy to read over it and if necessary give you some pointers?
hannahfoureyes
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also to everyone how many hours a week have you spent (did you spend) on your coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We get 2 hours of class time per week, and then are advised to spend atleast another 2 hours per week on it.

Saying that though some weeks I do 2 hours, others I do 6, it just depends what mood I am in to be honest! You cant force yourself to write when you cant think of anything
Rep:
?
Okay Thank you both very much
Thank God for TSR lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
loveslinus
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My sixth form centre still haven't back from the exam board about our questions being approved - I'm worried about this as I haven't been able to do much in-depth research, as I don't wan't to buy a of books only to be told that the subject area isn't suitable. When did other people start/ when do they plan to? I'm getting worried now as I haven't even got a plan drafted, let alone done a proper draft done yet.
Also, we were told that we couldn't have our drafts marked by our teacher, as this limits the mark you can get (in terms how how much help you received) but it sounds like people on here have been able to get theirs marked - Is there a loophole, or are other centres just less strict about this? Thanks
AndrewGrace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by loveslinus)
My sixth form centre still haven't back from the exam board about our questions being approved - I'm worried about this as I haven't been able to do much in-depth research, as I don't wan't to buy a of books only to be told that the subject area isn't suitable. When did other people start/ when do they plan to? I'm getting worried now as I haven't even got a plan drafted, let alone done a proper draft done yet.
Also, we were told that we couldn't have our drafts marked by our teacher, as this limits the mark you can get (in terms how how much help you received) but it sounds like people on here have been able to get theirs marked - Is there a loophole, or are other centres just less strict about this? Thanks
The teacher is allowed to see the plan, but cannot tell you a mark or suggest areas for further research/points that require improvement.

What they are allowed to do is tell you what you have done well in general and what needs improving but no specifics
meganwhooley
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi, I am doing a similar date could you send me any resources you have?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.7%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (71)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
56.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.31%

Watched Threads