Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've taken introducing politics alongside my History BA at the University of Greenwich, but i haven't received a list of stuff i need to buy for it, is there anyone who has gotten a list? if so could you tell me what i need to buy? thanks

ReputationRep:
    You probably wont need to buy any books at all. A reading list is exactly that - reading. It doesnt mean you need to buy all those books. On the course reading list will be about a hundred books, many of which you will read only a section of and only once. All of these will be available from the Uni Library. On most courses you wont get a eading list until your first class - because it needs to be explained to you how it works and what its for.

If you are gagging to get going with something then I'd recommend two books -

Studying History (Palgrave) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Studying-His.../dp/1403987343 Its a very easy to read book written by two sensible academics about why we study history and how you do this at Uni level. It also has sections about essay writing and revision - its a book you will refer back to throughout your degree.

The Politics equivalent is Studying Politics from the same series - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Politics-Pal...ions+Series%29 and is equally well written and easy to get your head round.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 10, 2013

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.