This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Aylia)
0 points in the f1 fantasy league.. again..

lol how do you do that? whohave you got in your team?
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Aylia)
I like the idea but I think it would make a lot of work for the mods, as they would have to decide who was 'worthy'. This also may cause a lot of resentment if people felt they were being overlooked ( a bit like when a new mod position comes up in fact). I do agree that post count could be removed though.
I agree with you here. Mods aren't superhuman (though we would like to think so ) and people would start hurling abuse if some get promoted and others don't. I don't think we should put our mods through that. Furthermore, j ust look at the volume of people on these forums, an automated system is so much easier.

Much as I would hate to admit it, I think the post count is the best system we have..
txt_eva
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I like the post count. But not the names... you could always change the names....

I think the rep system can be abused a bit too much....
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by txt_eva)
I like the post count. But not the names... you could always change the names....

I think the rep system can be abused a bit too much....
Yeh.. especially since its anonymous.. or the 'scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' kinda syndrome? But no one really looks at rep anyways.. unless you've got like zillions of green gems.
Aylia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
lol how do you do that? whohave you got in your team?

erm fischicella (I forgot he's in sauber now) raikkonen - should have got some points! and then jorden and jaguar I think. Sadly I even follow F1.. doh!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Aylia)
erm fischicella (I forgot he's in sauber now) raikkonen - should have got some points! and then jorden and jaguar I think. Sadly I even follow F1.. doh!
did raikkonen not get any points? :confused:
Aylia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I just had a thought - one thing the rep/ post count thing does is that often people with high rep/ post count get a lot more help if they ask for something ( educational I mean). Often people with only one or two posts gets a halfhearted response. It's understandable - they're clearer only joined to ask, but on the other hand that's the whole point of the forum.

ps.. no raikkonen broke down.. TWICE
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Aylia)

ps.. no raikkonen broke down.. TWICE
thats really unlucky :eek:
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Aylia)
I just had a thought - one thing the rep/ post count thing does is that often people with high rep/ post count get a lot more help if they ask for something ( educational I mean).
Actually, I don't think so. From my own experience, as long as you ask sensible newbie questions, people are usually really welcoming and give lots of useful advice. For me, I was totally lost when I came to these forums, being an international student and all, but everyone gave me lots of good info via PMs etc.. and gradually I found my way around.

Its newbies who don't read threads and create their own strange ones that usually get shot down or ignored.
Aylia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Actually, I don't think so. From my own experience, as long as you ask sensible newbie questions, people are usually really welcoming and give lots of useful advice. For me, I was totally lost when I came to these forums, being an international student and all, but everyone gave me lots of good info via PMs etc.. and gradually I found my way around.

Its newbies who don't read threads and create their own strange ones that usually get shot down or ignored.

It's true - there are that annoying breed of posters who say ' I need to get a good grade, help me my english coursework', and then don't tell us anything else... grrrrrr
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd keep it the way it is, people that have been here a long time deserve to have how many posts they have, shown off. I don't respect people that I don't know on account of how many posts they have, I'd rather listen to arguments they make on this forum and then decide if they deserve respect.

I'm sure thats what loads of another people do as well.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i like post count! i know i dont take people with a higher count more seriously or anything.... i think it should def. stay. So far, the people (besides the fish) that want it removed dont really have many posts. I was proud of my self to get 1000 I want to keep going!
Aylia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
i like post count! i know i dont take people with a higher count more seriously or anything.... i think it should def. stay. So far, the people (besides the fish) that want it removed dont really have many posts. I was proud of my self to get 1000 I want to keep going!
That does sort of prove the point though - you want to keep going to get a higher post count, not for another reason. I may not have a high post count , but I have been a member for longer than many of the over 1000 posters - but I try to post only when I actually have a veiw on something. I just think it encourages spamming.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Completely agree with you Fish - scrap the post count (but keep it as part of the profiles) and re-jig the status titles.

A lot of forum's I've visited have custom status titles as a reward for reaching a certain post count...and a lot of them suffer spamming as people try to reach that count. I think having it as a nominated thing would be much more productive.
rasmus-rocks
Report 16 years ago
No1 should be proud of having a huge amount of posts. How sad is that? Get a life.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rasmus-rocks)
No1 should be proud of having a huge amount of posts. How sad is that? Get a life.
:mad:
rasmus-rocks
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
:mad:
oh er no offence or nething lol
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh er no offence or nething lol
hehe - i wouldn't say i was 'proud' hehe. most people know my posts are a load of rubbish usually, so nothing to be propud of. However, if I was PQ or vienna it would be a different story. I'm not bothered if tehy get rid of the post counts, or rep - not important
rasmus-rocks
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
hehe - i wouldn't say i was 'proud' hehe. most people know my posts are a load of rubbish usually, so nothing to be propud of. However, if I was PQ or vienna it would be a different story. I'm not bothered if tehy get rid of the post counts, or rep - not important
R u really a VENGEFUL, imperial overlord? lol
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
R u really a VENGEFUL, imperial overlord? lol
lol - erm i don't know. :rolleyes: what does that mean?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (165)
15.39%
Uncertainty around my education (174)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (104)
9.7%
Isolating with family (73)
6.81%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (40)
3.73%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (93)
8.68%
Loneliness (107)
9.98%
Financial worries (49)
4.57%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (98)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (77)
7.18%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (92)
8.58%

Watched Threads