This discussion is closed.
jamestheelf
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
um how the hell do u send an email any way?
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
doesn't bother me either way
rasmus-rocks
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
lol - erm i don't know. :rolleyes: what does that mean?
vengeful adj. desiring revenge
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rasmus-rocks)
vengeful adj. desiring revenge
hmmm, who would i desire revenge on? the answer is no, i don't really get these status titles - don't make sense to me :confused:
rasmus-rocks
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
hmmm, who would i desire revenge on? the answer is no, i don't really get these status titles - don't make sense to me :confused:
lol
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Does anybody else agree that display of post count should be removed?

I do. It's because people are treating large post counts as being equal to respect, and "respectful" status titles need high post counts to be reached.

Vengeful, Imperial Overlord was 2000 when I joined.
Overlord in Training was 900.

Yes, I became an Overlord, but then I found that the status titles were moved upwards to meet the new demand of people with higher post counts. That means that people see that if they want to be an "Overlord", they need 3500 posts, and they look at the first page of the members list, and they want to be on there as quickly as possible, and they need thousands of posts to get there.

I suggest that post count display be removed totally from posts, so people don't take it into account. I think that status titles should be based from post count, but so there are only a few and set at fairly low post counts. Then, the only way anybody could be given a title above something like "Full member" would be if they were given it personally by a mod or something (are mods allowed to do that?) for quality of posts and useful contribution, rather than just number of posts. Maybe every month there could be an "honours list" of people who are going to get higher status titles.

How does that sound?
that would be weird
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Does anybody else agree that display of post count should be removed?

I do. It's because people are treating large post counts as being equal to respect, and "respectful" status titles need high post counts to be reached.

Vengeful, Imperial Overlord was 2000 when I joined.
Overlord in Training was 900.

Yes, I became an Overlord, but then I found that the status titles were moved upwards to meet the new demand of people with higher post counts. That means that people see that if they want to be an "Overlord", they need 3500 posts, and they look at the first page of the members list, and they want to be on there as quickly as possible, and they need thousands of posts to get there.

I suggest that post count display be removed totally from posts, so people don't take it into account. I think that status titles should be based from post count, but so there are only a few and set at fairly low post counts. Then, the only way anybody could be given a title above something like "Full member" would be if they were given it personally by a mod or something (are mods allowed to do that?) for quality of posts and useful contribution, rather than just number of posts. Maybe every month there could be an "honours list" of people who are going to get higher status titles.

How does that sound?
Why not keep post count, but only for titles to be awarded at the discretion of the moderators and the admin?

Would make sense, at least this way people know who the big posters are!
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Why not keep post count, but only for titles to be awarded at the discretion of the moderators and the admin?

Would make sense, at least this way people know who the big posters are!
only admins can do that and welcome back
Powerline
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I don't think it should. It just shows you how dedicated you are to posting etc and that you know what goes on here because you've posted a lot.
I worked hard to get up to this so don't let them take it away!
Many people just post spam and junk to get a high status such as Overlord in training etc.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
only admins can do that and welcome back
Yes, it was a suggestion.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Yes, it was a suggestion.
we would never have any titles d is never online
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Powerline)
Many people just post spam and junk to get a high status such as Overlord in training etc.
Exactly, my suggestion would keep post count to see who the high posters were, but only ttiles could be awareded for forum contribution etc. i.e.) by the admin or the mods.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
we would never have any titles d is never online
He is online far more often than you think. i.e.) every other day he is online for a couple of hours, I'm quite sure of it.

His status is just on invisible and he hardly posts as he is busy.
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think more people should be awarded with custom status titles, to distinguish them from regular forumites. So far AMG is the only non-mod with a custom title.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
He is online far more often than you think. i.e.) every other day he is online for a couple of hours.

His status is just on invisible and he hardly posts as he is busy.
d reply to this message if your online!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
I think more people should be awarded with custom status titles, to distinguish them from regular forumites. So far AMG is the only non-mod with a custom title.
Which of the current members would you think are deserved of a custom title?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
hey bono welcome back, make sure you get your daily post count back to 80 though
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Well I'd like one, worthiness is another matter.

Basically all those members who'd built a healthy reputation (not gems) on this forum. Such as PQ, Paw, White, Vienna etc.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Well I'd like one, worthiness is another matter.

Basically all those members who'd built a healthy reputation (not gems) on this forum. Such as PQ, Paw, White, Vienna etc.
how about my hall of fame?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if u get elected, you could come up with your own unique sig.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (293)
34.27%
No (562)
65.73%

Watched Threads