This discussion is closed.
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
how about my hall of fame?
I really like the HoF idea, and perhaps Hall-of-Famers can show this recognition in their status title.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
I really like the HoF idea, and perhaps Hall-of-Famers can show this recognition in their status title.
yay another supporter! I am sure you will all be glad to know that people have voted in favor of the hall of fame, and even though no mods wish to participate, i will do it myself this month, then send out PM's to other members allowing them to nominate someone, so its not just who i see fit.
will1y2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Actually you're quite right about the post count biz. But I think the novelty of a high post count wears off after a while? For me, after I got my first 100, I stopped thinking about post counts and rep etc. It just didn't matter anymore...

I dunno... but I agree that the post count biz encourages spamming initially to get to the first few titles.
to be honest i have been a member for two weeks now, and at the moment im not feeling the need to boost my post count. i only post when i feel necessary to do so and just read other peoples posts for the rest of the time. maybe one or two posts have been a bit dumb and stupid when ive been tired.
i am looking forward to 100 posts though!!!!!!!!
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
hey bono welcome back, make sure you get your daily post count back to 80 though
It was at 90 posts per day about a month ago.

It has dropped since then, I shall not make any immense effort to get it back up.

My position on the leaderboard is what matters.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
It was at 90 posts per day about a month ago.

It has dropped since then, I shall not make any immense effort to get it back up.

My position on the leaderboard is what matters.
lol
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
yay another supporter! I am sure you will all be glad to know that people have voted in favor of the hall of fame, and even though no mods wish to participate, i will do it myself this month, then send out PM's to other members allowing them to nominate someone, so its not just who i see fit.
Good call. We won't get any surprises of the undeserving.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
lol
Shall not be long until I achieve second place.

Then I can take on 2776 for the race to 10, 000!
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
or member of the month were who ever is picked you have that status for 1 month and then someone else gets it
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
or member of the month were who ever is picked you have that status for 1 month and then someone else gets it
Hi, I'm back.

Does anybody remember the "Seniority" system some people tried to figure out a while ago? A new calculated measure of how important people are to the forum and how much respect they deserve?

If we could agree on something like that, the problem would be that to implement it would require coding in vB. But then, the ranks this system throws up could be used to assign status titles rather than posts.

I think with any system like that, post count would become totally ignored after about 300 posts.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Hi, I'm back.

Does anybody remember the "Seniority" system some people tried to figure out a while ago? A new calculated measure of how important people are to the forum and how much respect they deserve?

If we could agree on something like that, the problem would be that to implement it would require coding in vB. But then, the ranks this system throws up could be used to assign status titles rather than posts
Sounds like a reasonable idea - With good programmers on the site such as Rahaydenuk, I'm sure this wouldn't be too difficult to implement.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%