The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Activities excluding clubbing? (Freshers 2013)

I'm not the type of person to be found in a club. I want to go to university to get a degree, whilst making a bunch of good friends and have fun doing things I like doing. :rolleyes:

I don't think I would find fist pumping in a dark room whilst surrounded by people who can't handle their drink and embarrass themselves fun. I'm sure a lot of people do it so that they make people think they're not boring. I think it's more 'fake fun'. :s-smilie:

I know that's not everyone's opinion and I may be in the minority. If you agree, I would love to hear it! I don't look down on people who 'club', it's just something I don't like, but it seems to be the main part of fresher's week. So, does this mean I'm going to hate it and be constantly bugged into going to a club? :s-smilie: I'm not one to give into peer pressure, but I don't want to seem like the boring recluse that I know I'm not. :tongue:

Basically, I'm happy doing everything apart from clubbing. So the question is... What activities are there during freshers week that don't involve clubbing? :confused:
Reply 1
Do you drink? Half the night is predrinks so just come to that?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Haha. I'm almost the same as you. I dont mind drinking and stuff but I absolutely hate clubbing with a passion. I'm sure we're not alone haha
The Vice President for Welfare & Diversity at the Union will probably put on a sober freshers' week with things like a roller disco and film nights etc. Apparently last year's was awesome!
Reply 4
I'm absolutely fine with drinking, I enjoy having a few drinks. It's just the loud music and dancing I don't like.
Reply 5
Original post by thenickoftime
The Vice President for Welfare & Diversity at the Union will probably put on a sober freshers' week with things like a roller disco and film nights etc. Apparently last year's was awesome!

And I checked your link and it looks like you're right! I'm fine with drinking though! :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Get yourself down the freashers fair as well, lots of clubs/societies will have socials that are not clubbing based. If your into cars or bikes at all the motorclub always used to have a weekly meet up in weatherspoons for a drink and chat.
I quite like clubbing, but also like break from it and there's loads else to do, most of my friends where engineers so we used to do engineery things but there's a huge range.

Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending