Altering course before starting uni

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Neogandalf
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I would apriciate anyone who has any information on changing your course before going to/just starting uni.

I have an unconditional offer to study Politics at Bristol but I want to change my course to a joint honours Politics and Philosophy.

I know that all courses at Bristol are over subscribed but I have heard people on hear who have altered their course at good/over subscribed unis.

Does anyone have any examples or help on this matter

Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Phone them and ask - the worst they can do is say no.

Adding an extra subject to an "and" course is simpler than changing from straight politics to straight philosophy.
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Neogandalf)
I would apriciate anyone who has any information on changing your course before going to/just starting uni.

I have an unconditional offer to study Politics at Bristol but I want to change my course to a joint honours Politics and Philosophy.

I know that all courses at Bristol are over subscribed but I have heard people on hear who have altered their course at good/over subscribed unis.

Thanks

If PQ's good advice yeilds nothing, look into the modules you can take in Part one, and select ones that are common to both courses and allow you to study either in part two (your part one choices are usually fairly unlimited,as long as you can justify them).

Then go and see if you can 'transfer' I have several friends that took this approach, and were sucessful.

HtH

fx
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Neogandalf)

Thanks
all you need to do is phone, the worst they can say is no. If you can't change now, there's a good chance you can change once you start uni.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
33.96%
No (523)
66.04%

Watched Threads