The Student Room Group

How much does GCSE Economics help with A-level?

Hi,

I did GCSE economics in yr 10. as it is a rare subject to do at GCSE, the AS Economics course starts off pretty slow as they have to go over key concepts from GCSE. anyways so far since i started sixth form (about 6 days) I haven't really learnt much new (which i understand as we go over gcse stuff first) .. but I wanted to know those who also did gcse economics, how much did it help you come A-level? since you were familiar with most concepts? or does it get really hard afterwards??

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
It's as hard as you want it to be. If you put in the time and effort you'll achieve a top grade regardless of having a GCSE. I didn't take the GCSE and achieved top marks in economics. I knew someone who did take GCSE economics however but lacked the work ethic and achieved only a C grade so it is very dependent on the work you put in.
Reply 3
Original post by Ben_K
It's as hard as you want it to be. If you put in the time and effort you'll achieve a top grade regardless of having a GCSE. I didn't take the GCSE and achieved top marks in economics. I knew someone who did take GCSE economics however but lacked the work ethic and achieved only a C grade so it is very dependent on the work you put in.

Thanks, that's really helpful, and well done!! :smile:
Reply 4
I didn't do GCSE but still got an A at AS and didn't really find myself at a disadvantage to those who had done it. There were a few definitions at the start that they knew and everyone else didn't part apart from that and a few basic concepts, its not really much of an advantage.
Reply 5
What board did you study GCSE economics with ?
I didn't do it at GCSE but I'm doing it at AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest