This discussion is closed.
lol
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
was wonderin whether u can tell me if applying online requires any data from your school, ie. teachers' reference etc.. coz m thinkin to apply online(yea i know m late) and since its easter now, all schools r closed so will there be anythin i might need from school in order to fill my ucas online application??

note : applying online as through the net, not the elec. ones through school

thnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnxxxxxxxxxx
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lol)
was wonderin whether u can tell me if applying online requires any data from your school, ie. teachers' reference etc.. coz m thinkin to apply online(yea i know m late) and since its easter now, all schools r closed so will there be anythin i might need from school in order to fill my ucas online application??

It's not the easter hols everywhere y'know :P
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lol)

I'm pretty certain that the only way to apply to UCAS (as a regular student ie not a mature student etc) online is through the Electronic Application via your school.
I know the process has to go through student filling in their 3 pages, then it's "sent" to the school administrator - at that point the student cannot see it anymore - and then the school puts on page 4 - the ref - electronically and then it is "sent" to UCAS by the administrator who is then given your UCAS number to give back to you.
I don't think UCAS will accept just pages 1 - 3 from a student!
If you are wanting to apply NOW for entry in Sept 2004 i'd have a good look at the UCAS website and send them a query
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Geogger)
I'm pretty certain that the only way to apply to UCAS (as a regular student ie not a mature student etc) online is through the Electronic Application via your school.
I know the process has to go through student filling in their 3 pages, then it's "sent" to the school administrator - at that point the student cannot see it anymore - and then the school puts on page 4 - the ref - electronically and then it is "sent" to UCAS by the administrator who is then given your UCAS number to give back to you.
If you are wanting to apply NOW for entry in Sept 2004 i'd have a good look at the UCAS website and send them a query
i used EAS if ya want any info pm me
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Geogger)

You don't have to go through the school - my sister did it all herself, and had her boss fill out the reference.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is the UCAS reference an open reference?
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
You don't have to go through the school - my sister did it all herself, and had her boss fill out the reference.
UCAS online is very definitely only availiable thru' schools and other such institutions as you need an institution ID. As a result mature students not doing A-levels can not use online methods - just the bloody paper copy - grrrr
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
UCAS online is very definitely only availiable thru' schools and other such institutions as you need an institution ID. As a result mature students not doing A-levels can not use online methods - just the bloody paper copy - grrrr
I was sure she used the online service. Maybe I'm wrong, and she was using some kind of other crazed online thing. Sorry
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
I was sure she used the online service. Maybe I'm wrong, and she was using some kind of other crazed online thing. Sorry
I wish! I spent a little while trying to get UCAS to let me do this (my printer shreaded my personal statement Sticky and it was the start of the postal strikes in Oxford so I had little chance of getting hold of a new one before the deadline), but they were very helpful in terms of telling me who could and couldn't use it, but overall very unhelpful in that I couldn't!

Gawd darn them!

One of the UCAS top bods sometimes posts on the MedSchool guide board and says they are looking into online for all, but at the moment that's all they are doing....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (300)
34.21%
No (577)
65.79%

Watched Threads