The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Alliance House

Hey guys,

I'm moving into Alliance House in a few days, and I'm a little apprehensive because I've read some mixed things about it (most of those things were from a few years ago, though). I'm wondering how strict they really are, especially about the guest policy. It's a bit annoying that if I want to walk down the street to grab something from the shop I'm apparently not allowed to leave my boyfriend for ten minutes in my room. And do you have to show your ID every time you come in or just swipe in to get in the building and they leave you alone? Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the security in the city but still.

Also how are they about responding to issues? And are the rooms and kitchens generally pretty nice?
Original post by 22aer22
Hey guys,

I'm moving into Alliance House in a few days, and I'm a little apprehensive because I've read some mixed things about it (most of those things were from a few years ago, though). I'm wondering how strict they really are, especially about the guest policy. It's a bit annoying that if I want to walk down the street to grab something from the shop I'm apparently not allowed to leave my boyfriend for ten minutes in my room. And do you have to show your ID every time you come in or just swipe in to get in the building and they leave you alone? Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the security in the city but still.

Also how are they about responding to issues? And are the rooms and kitchens generally pretty nice?

You may want to join that FB page set up by City Students Union :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/218722618280298/
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending