The Student Room Group

Frankenstein & Never Let Me Go???

I've watched the film never let me go, and Im was wondering whether the book was worth reading? And if it would make a good match for Frankenstein as a partner text as a minor text. And if so what links between the two could be made. I know that the clones are a good comparison between the two, but I'm unsure of how to relate common themes to context? Tad bit confused help please!!! :confused:
Never Let Me Go is good, but by God are you setting yourself up for an almost mission impossible! Those two books just no! There's not enough themes or motifs to compare each other!

You should focus on a theme and then look at books that share the similar themes instead of relating Frankenstein novel to a film adaptation of a book you haven't even read yet!!!!
Reply 2
I agree, Never Let Me Go is an incredible book, so much better than the film. However, it's a very different book to Frankenstein. Never Let Me Go is a dystopian novel which you'll want to compare to others (for example, I wrote an essay with a comparison to A Clockwork Orange and even that was difficult).

If you're going to be writing about Frankenstein, choose another gothic novel. Or maybe even a novel or poem that contrasts images of science and religion in a similar (or contrasting) way to how Shelly does in Frankenstein.
Reply 3
What about comparisons between Brave New World and Frankenstein?

Quick Reply

Latest