Omg! I wonder why I decided not to look at the league tables!!!!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Oh totally, I've seen the error of my ways and all that cliche stuff plus I never really cared before. I was having personal crisis with home and myself and it just didn't seem that important. However this is the only thing I've ever clung onto and I know I'll make a sucess of it, and I am willing to work as hard as it takes and more to get to where I want to be. I have the determination to do it, I've just been "saving it up"
That's really good...then you'll have a "sudden burst" of effort I presume!? Good luck..you're already half way there by getting into the uni you wanted to.

Whereas me! *sigh*.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The worst part of it was it was like the 5th best 6th form college in the country!
Really?!! :confused:
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Working hard is the best way to pass a degree, some people work so hard and get good marks even if they are not naturaly good at it, where as I know some clever people who just spend 6 hours on assignment and scrap through it even though they have barely attended any lectures.

Its all about having the motivation, employees also want hard workers there is no point of having a really bright employee if their lazy and don;t do the work on time.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
That's really good...then you'll have a "sudden burst" of effort I presume!? Good luck..you're already half way there by getting into the uni you wanted to.

Whereas me! *sigh*.
*cuddles* have some rep...you'll do just fine Rushda
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*cuddles* have some rep...you'll do just fine Rushda
Bless you! thanks so much.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Argh your gems are blinding me! There are so many hehe
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Argh your gems are blinding me! There are so many hehe
She's blingin'...
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
She's blingin'...
Hmmm you whatnow Juwely?

Damn busy server...
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Hmmm you whatnow Juwely?

Damn busy server...
This server thing is gettning rather dire. And as for rep and stuff, I'm sooooo surprised I've actually got as much rep as I do. Half the people on here seem to have made the assumption I'm some sort of BNP supporter!!! LOL. I mean that's just crazy. Maybe it's the Britney avatar
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This server thing is gettning rather dire. And as for rep and stuff, I'm sooooo surprised I've actually got as much rep as I do. Half the people on here seem to have made the assumption I'm some sort of BNP supporter!!! LOL. I mean that's just crazy. Maybe it's the Britney avatar
Well, I'm sure Britney gets you good rep as well!! Although I must admit it does get annoying to see her face everywhere.

As for the server...I'll just keele over if it does that to me again.
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whats your situation then Adhsur? You got really good AS grades from what I remember? :confused:
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Awww thanks A!!! I only need 6 more to have another gem, that's mental :O, i've gone from like close to teetering on the 3/4 mark to being nearly 5...wow
I'm Über happy now
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dani, I gave you some rep about 15 mins ago actually
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by James_W)
Whats your situation then Adhsur? You got really good AS grades from what I remember? :confused:
hehehe, for AS I got AABB which was quite distressing (not to sound arrogant or anything!) With my resits and various A2 modules I've averaged out to all As. But my big dream of getting to Cambridge was shattered so right now I'm in limbo, deciding whether to go to university or to improve my grades, take a gap, hold my breath and reapply to Cambridge.
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mmm.. can't understand the fixation on one University myself! But fair enough, those are still very good grades though. I got AAABB at AS Level - which I was completely over the moon about because I got 2 A's, 5 B's, 2 C's and a D at GCSE! I suppose different standards for different people.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, I can tell there is a subtle DIG in that comment. However there is not, I just never looked because facts and figures don't mean as much to me as feelings and dreams.
Errr subtle dig? I was just confused as to why youre talking about league table positions AFTER youve applied/accepted your offer..
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmmm you whatnow Juwely?

Damn busy server...
That's our diamond moderator, always blingin'...
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's our diamond moderator, always blingin'...
I don't understand that word *cries*.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't understand that word *cries*.
As in "bling", to sparkle or shine, or just to look really rich, like a diamond-encrusted watch would be "blinging"...

I think I'll ask here, is it "olè" or "olé"?
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As in "bling", to sparkle or shine, or just to look really rich, like a diamond-encrusted watch would be "blinging"...

I think I'll ask here, is it "olè" or "olé"?
Awwwww *flattered* (Unless that was sarcasm? )

I have no idea lol. I'm pretty useless with useless facts.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.48%
No (593)
65.52%

Watched Threads