Girls, how long do you take to wash your hair, including shower time together?

Watch
überambitious_ox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So, I decided to make this thread because it takes me around 30 - 40 mins, and realised that this is a very long time. My mum is quicker than me even though she has loner hair!

My hair comes up to about just over half way down my back.
Splenge007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jesus.

My hair is just as long as yours and I take like 5 mins, and that includes conditioning

What do you do with it? Do you wash it lock by lock or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Santorum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've got the weirdest boner right now
Splenge007
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Santorum)
:pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
dathtom
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Santorum)
That's the kind of thing to keep to yourself.
RosieEPQ
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mine is also quite long (chest length) and takes me about 15 minutes in total because my shower is really not very powerful!
überambitious_ox
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Splenge007)
Jesus.

My hair is just as long as yours and I take like 5 mins.

What do you do with it? Do you wash it lock by lock?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow!

Well, recently, I've started using shampoo twice, so once, and then rinse, and then brush my hair to take out any knots, and then re-shampoo and wash. Maybe I take too long rubbing the shampoo? Maybe I rinse the hair out too often?

And, I also have my body wash and use a separate face wash.

How are you so quick? Enlighten me; I am going to uni soon and my flat mates are going to hate me if I spend so long in the shower. :P
Dmon1Unlimited
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So the whole hair washing excuse for not going on a date wasn't a lie... :pierre:
Ebuwa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I take roughly an hour. I'm black and I currently have two textures(relaxed ends and my 'natural' hair). So I have to part my hair to keep it from detangling and I wash it in sections. I shampoo, condition or deep condition. I also 'pre poo' my hair which is when you apply oil on your hair before washing to reduce hydro fatigue and makes it stronger.
bellatrixb
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mine takes about 10 minutes..it's mid length, but very curly, so I normally have to brush it through several times. I normally skip conditioner, though
rainbow.panda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm usually in the shower for about 10-15 minutes in total, probably takes me about 5 minutes to wash and condition my hair, which is a few inches past my shoulders.
Splenge007
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by überambitious_ox)
Wow!

Well, recently, I've started using shampoo twice, so once, and then rinse, and then brush my hair to take out any knots, and then re-shampoo and wash. Maybe I take too long rubbing the shampoo? Maybe I rinse the hair out too often?

How are you so quick? Enlighten me; I am going to uni soon and my flat mates are going to hate me if I spend so long in the shower. :P
Wait, do to you take that long to have a shower or just wash your hair?

I brush my hair beforehand, which takes about it 10 mins. When washing, I lather shampoo for about 1 min, wash it off, put conditioner on, leaving it for a little while, then wash it all off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dathtom
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To be fair I'm A guy with relatively short hair and I spend about 40mins in the bathroom every morning . Shower, face wash, hair wash, body wash, relax, teeth, moisturise. Takes a while, especially when your half dead in the morning.
Splenge007
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by überambitious_ox)
Wow!

I misread the thread title I take five minutes just to wash my hair, and twenty minutes for shower time

Posted from TSR Mobile
saraw26
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
about 20 mins for the whole shower, but about 10 for hair
Etoile
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I take about 15 mins. My hair is probably slightly longer than average (like 1/3 of the way down my back?) but it's quite fine. Most of the time I spend in the shower is glorying in the heat :ahee:
beccagood95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The shower ends up being about 45 minutes, since it takes 30-40 minutes to wash my hair.
I'm mixed so I have very curly, thick hair and at the moment it's also quite long.
I need to comb it, shampoo it (only sometimes), condition it, leave the conditioner in for about 5 minutes and comb again.
eelnais
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My hair reaches my ass and it takes me 15 minutes to shower and wash my hair, including conditioner. How do you take so long?
Ayesha.Tabassam95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Splenge007)
Wait, do to you take that long to have a shower or just wash your hair?

I brush my hair beforehand, which takes about it 10 mins. When washing, I lather shampoo for about 1 min, wash it off, put conditioner on, leaving it for a little while, then wash it all off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dont you massage it into your head or anything? Or leave it on for 2 mins?

It takes me like an hour to have a shower.. with washing my hair I dont even know why lol.
sonstaar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My hair is a few inches longer than yours when straight, it reaches my elbow. I have quite unruly hair but it usually takes me 15 minutes max to wash my hair. You should never comb it in the shower as wet hair is much weaker and is more likely to break. If you brush your hair just before you shower it will save you time and your hair will be stronger too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (266)
56.48%
I don't have everything I need (205)
43.52%

Watched Threads