The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Washing hair - 10 mins
Showering - 10 mins

I do have thick curly hair which takes ages to detangle though
That is a crazy long time!
What do you even do? Do you spend ages detangling it or something?

My hair is about the same length and takes me about 5 minutes to wash it. My whole shower takes me about 15 minutes including just standing still for a good while.
Reply 42
While I am a dude, I've got quite long hair. A week or so ago it was about halfway down my back and it took me 5-10 minutes to wash it (drying was a whole other matter) depending on how early I got up. I went for my annual haircut to take a few inches off and was told that I had kept my hair in really good condition... :u:
Reply 43
If I'm showering I take the same sort of time as you, 30-40 minutes, if I wash only my hair it probably takes around 15 minutes.
I'm a slow person hah :p:

On the other hand I don't understand how people can have 5 minute showers... how can you possibly clean everything thoroughly in so short a time? :s-smilie:
Original post by Santorum
I've got the weirdest boner right now

bwahahhaha XD what on earth?!
epic!
Original post by Splenge007
i massage the shampoo onto my head, as for the conditioner, I only put it on the ends of my hair cause it gets dry and ugly quite quickly.

I used to take that long :tongue: spent too much time enjoying the warmth of the shower and felt I needed to wet my skin for a long time before I could begin scrubbing

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean your hair gets dry and ugly lol
If your hair gets dry.. try putting oil into it :smile: that helped mine out alot... Although it would massively increase your shower time because you have to shampoo twice. Oh the horror :tongue: just kidding, try it out though.

I think thats exactly what i do, you hit the nail on the head!
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
What do you mean your hair gets dry and ugly lol
If your hair gets dry.. try putting oil into it :smile: that helped mine out alot... Although it would massively increase your shower time because you have to shampoo twice. Oh the horror :tongue: just kidding, try it out though.

I think thats exactly what i do, you hit the nail on the head!

Just dry mostly, and ugly looking because I don't like how it looks xD

I only put a little oil when my hair damp (after washing) :smile: I've never washed my hair twice cos of oil :tongue:

Just don't spent too much time doing that :tongue: When I stopped, it massively changed my shower time
Reply 47
Oooh finally someone else has long showers! My short ones (hasty roll out of bed when you've got to be somewhere smartish) are about 20 minutes, my nice chilled relaxing showers are 30-40 mins.

My hair's really long, I'm about two inches off being able to sit on it, but because it's curly it springs back up 4-6 inches so it sits on the lower half of my back. I have to wash it twice because I have to use a lot of hair products to keep it tamed (but then again I don't straighten it or anything so doesn't damage it), then apply a hair mask to leave in whilst I wash my face/body/sing, and then rinse out whilst brushing (can't brush my hair when it's dry).
Original post by Santorum
I've got the weirdest boner right now

:toofunny:
Most of mine take 15 minutes and my hair is a few inches past shoulder length. Once a week I use a special leave-in conditioner though which adds an extra 5 minutes. I can understand spending longer, I'm just not really a shower person. I have showers because they're functional, if I want a long, relaxing experience then I'll have a bath.
About 15 minutes to wash my hair and have a shave, although I do have quite short hair (a long pixie cut), so I definitely take a lot less time than when I had longer hair-it was boob length before I cut it to the length it is now.
Original post by rogger_frogger
Sounds like a huge waste of water and energy to me! I have 3 minute showers, I would get bored if I had to stand there for anything over 10 minutes. What do you do, take a crossword in?!

Wow, you are the one trying to insult our intelligence when youre the one who clearly cant read! It says GIRLS on the thread just in case you missed it or do you have some kind of gender issues.. my bad if you do.

When you have hair down to your ass crack then come back and inform us if it takes you 3 mins to have a shower.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Splenge007
Just dry mostly, and ugly looking because I don't like how it looks xD

I only put a little oil when my hair damp (after washing) :smile: I've never washed my hair twice cos of oil :tongue:

Just don't spent too much time doing that :tongue: When I stopped, it massively changed my shower time

How does it look if you dont mind me asking?
If you put oil in before you have a shower it takes two washes for me, maybe cause my hairs so thick, is that just me? :tongue:
I knoww i tried to do that yesterday.. i managed an hour and a half lol
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
How does it look if you dont mind me asking?
If you put oil in before you have a shower it takes two washes for me, maybe cause my hairs so thick, is that just me? :tongue:
I knoww i tried to do that yesterday.. i managed an hour and a half lol

Dry, frizzy, when you touch it, it's not soft.

Thickness might be it.

takes a little practice :tongue:
Never more than 10-15 minutes. Unless I decide to go wild and shave which takes me about 20-30 minutes. I hate shaving so I always sugar/wax which is soooo much faster! And Easier! And the results are so much better!
My hair comes to my bra strap (used to be longer but I recently trimmed it two or three inches :frown:) and to keep it healthier I don't shampoo anymore, I just wash it with conditioner and condition it with said conditioner. This has actually increased my shower time by a minute or two because I now have to ensure that my entire head of hair is conditioned. I get horrible frizz if it isn't.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 55
15-20 minutes! I tend to daydream in the shower.... >_<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KRose_
15-20 minutes! I tend to daydream in the shower.... >_<

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like you! You want to be my girl friend? :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 57
My hair is down to my butt and I take about 30 mins to wash it. I shampoo it twice, then condition it. I leave the conditioner in whilst I wash my body then at the end rinse it out. So showering/bathing in total takes me 30-45 mins.
Wow. Total shower time, fifteen minutes or under. If I'm shaving, maybe twenty absolute maximum.

Anything longer, I feel like I'm wasting time. I have an efficient routine to make sure I get everything cleaned XD I sometimes brush my teeth in the shower too while I'm there.
Original post by eliza.anne
My hair is DOWN TO MY BUTT and I take about 30 mins to wash it. I shampoo it twice, then condition it. I leave the conditioner in whilst I wash my body then at the end rinse it out. So showering/bathing in total takes me 30-45 mins.

can you prove that? :wink:

Latest