The Student Room Group

Student Cooking!

Thought I'd make a thread to discuss/share some recipe ideas. My cooking is a little limited to say the least, so feel free to share your cheap, easy cooking/meal ideas here!
Beans on toast and pot noodle for me back in the day!
Roasted peppers and mushrooms with diced onion with sweet potato and a dip of

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hummus. Stupid phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pasta and sauce :wink:

In all seriousness though, there's no reason why anyone has to limit themselves culinarily just because they're a student - one of the front runners on Great British Bake Off is a current UCL student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
basic basic advice - which you all probably know:

Buy in bulk at the start of the year!

Getting a big 5k pag of pasta, big bag of rice, your spices, maybe some beans, tinned sweetcorn etc - all things that will keep, will save you lots of money in the long run!

Then each week you just need to buy your fresh/weekly frozen bits :smile:

-- as for recipies, I tend to live mostly off fried-rice dishes, they are quick, easy, pretty healthy, and taste lovely :smile:

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/26282/nasi+goreng+indonesian+fried+rice - sort of thing (tohugh without the egg) - cheap tastey, good for you :smile:

-- then I would do a lot with eggs, fried, scrambled, omlets.. cheap, and good for protien and the like :smile:

-- porridge with a dolop of lovely jam, is my usual breakfast - cheap and keesp you going better then cereal :smile:
Original post by Origami Bullets
Pasta and sauce :wink:

In all seriousness though, there's no reason why anyone has to limit themselves culinarily just because they're a student - one of the front runners on Great British Bake Off is a current UCL student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:redface:

I wanted to apply for this years bake-off so badly! but I missed the deadline by 3 days :eek: :frown:

Next year though!

Quick Reply

Latest