The Student Room Group

sent "student finance declatation form" late, please help!!!

So I sent my declaration form off yesterday.. late.. smh

My induction week starts on the 23rd sept, and my actual lectures start on the 30th.
How long will it take for student finance to recieve my declaration form, and will I get the money in time?

If i don't get the money in time, what should I do?
Original post by sibbyjibby
So I sent my declaration form off yesterday.. late.. smh

My induction week starts on the 23rd sept, and my actual lectures start on the 30th.
How long will it take for student finance to recieve my declaration form, and will I get the money in time?

If i don't get the money in time, what should I do?

Have you had your notification of entitlement letter yet? You need to take this with you and give it to your university when you enrol. So if you haven't had this, then you are not going to get your money on time.

If you don't get your money on time the only thing you can do is ask your university via hardship fund for some money to tie you over until you get your loan.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
Have you had your notification of entitlement letter yet? You need to take this with you and give it to your university when you enrol. So if you haven't had this, then you are not going to get your money on time.

If you don't get your money on time the only thing you can do is ask your university via hardship fund for some money to tie you over until you get your loan.

I did recieve an entitlement letter, thats the letter which basically says what im entitled to right? The declaration form came with that. How much roughly does a hardship fund consist of?
Original post by sibbyjibby
I did recieve an entitlement letter, thats the letter which basically says what im entitled to right? The declaration form came with that. How much roughly does a hardship fund consist of?

Depends on your circumstances. My friend got £300 to live off. She was staying in university halls, so she showed them a letter from SFE and was able to pay her accommodation once her loan was sorted as she applied via clearing.
well I just got back from being away for a few months - to a pile of post, one piece being the declaration form (dated 20th may) and another being reminder for it with an urgent letter saying it needs to be returned now! (11 june! :frown: ) - just sent it off today, what are the realistic chance of getting the money on time - and if not roughly when would you expect it to come though? I can survive off money I earned over the summer so the maintenance loan isn't the main priority, but will my course get paid in time as I really don't want to get kicked off for not paying in time!!!!! :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending