What happened to Madeline McCann Watch

This discussion is closed.
wannabeaca
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I hope this doesn't get controversial.

But what do you TSRians think happened? It's so strange, a little girl taken, no contact with this 'abductor', no evidence and no body. If this was some child killer there would surely be some evidence of a break in or foul play.

I personally think the parents are hiding more than we know. Perhaps something happened in the hotel room, maybe an accident. They covered it up by burying her somewhere and then made out to get rich off a publicity stunt.

Thoughts?
Sunflower1919
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
She's dead

Posted from my microwave.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What happened is a media circus, many millions of poor children go missing every year. I hope we can equal out the resources and not get caught in media hypes. Im sure the papers love it, worlds a sad place sometimes.
Desert Rain
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Her parents killed her.
rock_climber86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
wow lots of conspiracy theories

She was kidnapped i think! Sold to some albanian sex ring or something like in that movie: taken
Tpos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The thought of any of the conspiracy theories which involve her parents being involved being true shock and sadden me. How can such parents exists?! There are examples of people who have had done shocking things to their kids but I just can't comprehend a parent harming their own child

I haven't got any theories, but I do think she'd be better off dead if she was kidnapped or whatever.
Trill
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I reckon her parents killed her, freaked out and lied about her missing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spaz Man
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
She's dead.
Desert Rain
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I saw this recently somewhere else, in regards to "did the McCanns kill their daughter? :

To be honest, I don't know.
They definitely neglected their children.
They definitely courted publicity from day 1
They definitely enjoyed the celebrity status
They definitely set up a website asking for donations within days
They definitely abused the fund and lied about it (mortgage payments, villa hire etc.,)
They definitely replaced the staff "tips" box in the resort with "give your change to help find Maddie" box, then spent the money
They definitely did NOT assist the police
They definitely looked on their daughters disappearance as a "Marketing exercise"
They definitely saw the biggest EVER reward for a missing child turn up NO creditable leads
They definitely refused to answer Police questions
They definitely ran away from Portugal despite saying they would stay till their daughter was found
They definitely hired a very good legal firm which had expertise in avoiding extradition as soon as they arrived in the UK...

But, I don't know whether they did actually kill the poor little "almost perfect" daughter...
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aliens
Desert Rain
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Gerry McCann is a dodgy guy. Ask yourself why they took out an injunction against the former head of the Portuguese Police and stopped his book AGUIDO ( the suspect ) from being released. What did they have to hide?. Masons at the top of the police force are protecting this pair.

Others cannot afford their defence, the same defence the government use, same spin doctors, same Freemason connections, mates with Gordon Browne (Mr pedophile himself), they say they want the truth yet BAN two books based on police records, why do that if they have nothing to hide? They are GUILTY! I truthfully hope this case is REOPENED!!

There needs to be justice for this innocent little girl & there is strong evidence against their claims of her 'abduction'
willbee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Desert Rain)
I saw this recently somewhere else, in regards to "did the McCanns kill their daughter? :

To be honest, I don't know.
They definitely neglected their children.
True, but only in that they left the apartment while they were sleeping, which is not unheard of for parents to do, and not abusive, and certainly not unusual behaviour for parents on holiday. (It happens a lot at Butlins, for example).
They definitely courted publicity from day 1
True, but this is not something that means they are guilty of murder. A lot of parents of missing / murdered children 'court publicity' in hope of finding out what happened to their child / raising awareness for the issue which has affected them. For example, Damilola Taylor's parents could be accused of 'courting publicity' to raise awareness of knife crime in the UK.
They definitely enjoyed the celebrity status
A lot of parents of murdered / missing kids in high profile cases find themselves with a 'celebrity' status. I do not think the McCanns have enjoyed their ordeal after losing their daughter, and I think anyone who suggests they have is malicious and seeking to cause trouble.

They definitely set up a website asking for donations within days
Donations came flooding in from around the world and this was the best way to deal with it.
They definitely abused the fund and lied about it (mortgage payments, villa hire etc.,)
Don't know about this, the only info I have found relating to this claim is one very biased site.
They definitely replaced the staff "tips" box in the resort with "give your change to help find Maddie" box, then spent the money
Again, please provide proof, this sounds like hearsay.
They definitely did NOT assist the police
Not sure about this, but they did leave their children alone and go out for a meal, so it is understandable that they may have been fearing prosecution for neglect which would have made it more difficult for them to try to find their daughter.
They definitely looked on their daughters disappearance as a "Marketing exercise"
I wholly disagree, I think this cynical claim is outrageously offensive and inhumane. Give the poor couple a break.
They definitely saw the biggest EVER reward for a missing child turn up NO creditable leads
They created a charity out of the proceeds to help find other missing children. They may work for the charity now as full-time employees so they can devote their time to the project and still afford to raise their kids. This is more common than you may realise.
They definitely refused to answer Police questions
I have the feeling they were scared, and the Portugal police are known to be slightly dodgy / corrupt, and they were probably poorly advised on what to do by their lawyers.
They definitely ran away from Portugal despite saying they would stay till their daughter was found
They couldn't live out there forever. They still have two more kids to raise. Furthermore, there were claims of Maddie sightings in the UK, and all the 'leads' were equally bad.
They definitely hired a very good legal firm which had expertise in avoiding extradition as soon as they arrived in the UK...
Don't know about this, but even if they did, I still think more sympathy should be given to them.

But, I don't know whether they did actually kill the poor little "almost perfect" daughter...
I hate when people make them out to be these monstrous, soulless creatures who used their daughters disappearance as a chance to make financial profit for themselves.

They shouldn't have gone out without a babysitter but that doesn't mean they should be blamed for the crime someone else committed. That's like blaming April Jones' family for her death by saying she shouldn't have been out playing late. It may not have been the best parenting on their part, but you still don't expect your child to get abducted / murdered, especially in an area surrounded by families. It's the same principle as blaming someone who's house has been robbed for having a house that was too easy to break into.

A very good friend of mine was murdered in 2003 when we were ten, in a case that attracted nationwide publicity and donations poured in from around the world (although they were not asked for). A memorial fund was set up, which became a charity to help tsunami victims. Her parents have managed to create this amazing charity from this terrible crime that destroyed their lives.

I feel terribly sorry for the McCanns. It really upsets me to see so much abuse thrown at a couple who tried to do something similarly positive and selfless after losing their own daughter.

The McCanns' case may not be so transparent, but I still think they are given an inhumane amount of bashing and accusatory abuse, based mostly on hearsay and conspiracy theories.

I wish people would give them a break. Their actions may have been somewhat questionable, but until you have been thrown into that situation yourself, I don't think you should be so quick to point the finger and judge. They lost their daughter, they've endured years of false claims and useless leads, they've had enquiries about their own behaviour and they've had tabloid abuse for crying too much, not crying enough, looking too composed, etc. There has clearly been a witch-hunt of sorts led against them, and it's so disappointing to see people choose to believe the disproved facts than accept that this poor couple might actually be innocent!

It reminds me of when rape victims get ostracised for the crime committed against them as if it is their own fault. It isn't! :mad:

I hope to God that something comes of all of this. The fact that the case is still being looked into means that until some new thing is discovered, the McCanns will never get any closure, and will always be scapegoated and held accountable for the abduction of their daughter.

Jesus, where is the compassion?
TheBigJosh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Was the parents, I'd put money on it. Terrible, braindead parents (and human beings)
I feel so sorry for that little girl, who was clearly neglected by her parents.
We can all be pious and say ''but the parents are suffering, it's not their fault, have compassion'' but that ridiculous, entirely their fault.
willbee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I should also add that I have a strong feeling that the sort of people who now write abusive comments concerning the McCanns and the conspiracies behind their daughter's disappearance, were probably also the type of people to make and spread false claims of sightings and whereabouts when she initially went missing.

People that get bogged down in trying to prove these conspiracies have a flair for melodrama and forget that this is a real life case and if they had any basic human decency they would keep these insatiable appetites for drama to themselves and show a bit of respect to a family that has lost a young daughter.
willbee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheBigJosh)
Was the parents, I'd put money on it. Terrible, braindead parents (and human beings)
I feel so sorry for that little girl, who was clearly neglected by her parents.
We can all be pious and say ''but the parents are suffering, it's not their fault, have compassion'' but that ridiculous, entirely their fault.
Would you say the same sort of thing in response (for example) to a drunken girl who got raped?

Would you say,'it's a terrible thing that happened, but it's clearly entirely your own fault, you shouldn't have been drunk, you had it coming, you let it happen' ?

Because there is NO proof that the parents killed their daughter, and the rumour that they found 'bodily fluids' in the car was totally untrue, and has been disproved, and people STILL choose to believe it despite the facts being otherwise.

Reading posts like yours make me sick. Your attitude is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.
TheBigJosh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by willbee)
Would you say the same sort of thing in response (for example) to a drunken girl who got raped?

Would you say,'it's a terrible thing that happened, but it's clearly entirely your own fault, you shouldn't have been drunk, you had it coming, you let it happen' ?

Because there is NO proof that the parents killed their daughter, and the rumour that they found 'bodily fluids' in the car was totally untrue, and has been disproved, and people STILL choose to believe it despite the facts being otherwise.

Reading posts like yours make me sick. Your attitude is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.
I'm entitled to my opinion, and it's a valid and shared opinion across this subject. Your lax attitude to this is weird. And you come across naive to fact that leaving a toddler on their own in a foreign country is acceptable behavior. Also, don't twist my words, I never said that they deserved to let it happen, my opinion is that if you set yourself up in that situation, leaving a toddler alone etc, chances are things could happen. Like, if I got so drunk beyond belief, of course I don't deserve to be raped but I have put myself in a vulnerable position and things can happen.
I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect your right to have one, so maybe you should take your head out your arse, and listen to other peoples opinions.
Also, you can't compare a teenage girl being raped, who is old enough to make her own decisions, and a 3 year old child.
TheBigJosh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ham22)
I don't think her parents did it. I hope she's dead. Lord help her if she's still alive now.
You hope a child is dead?
badbodydouble
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't like this to be true, it's just my opinion, but I think her parents killed her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
paradoxicalme
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think she was kidnapped and sold to an illegal adoption ring. Three years old, white, blonde, pretty...someone would pay a lot for her.
paradoxicalme
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by willbee)
I hate when people make them out to be these monstrous, soulless creatures who used their daughters disappearance as a chance to make financial profit for themselves.

They shouldn't have gone out without a babysitter but that doesn't mean they should be blamed for the crime someone else committed. That's like blaming April Jones' family for her death by saying she shouldn't have been out playing late. It may not have been the best parenting on their part, but you still don't expect your child to get abducted / murdered, especially in an area surrounded by families. It's the same principle as blaming someone who's house has been robbed for having a house that was too easy to break into.

A very good friend of mine was murdered in 2003 when we were ten, in a case that attracted nationwide publicity and donations poured in from around the world (although they were not asked for). A memorial fund was set up, which became a charity to help tsunami victims. Her parents have managed to create this amazing charity from this terrible crime that destroyed their lives.

I feel terribly sorry for the McCanns. It really upsets me to see so much abuse thrown at a couple who tried to do something similarly positive and selfless after losing their own daughter.

The McCanns' case may not be so transparent, but I still think they are given an inhumane amount of bashing and accusatory abuse, based mostly on hearsay and conspiracy theories.

I wish people would give them a break. Their actions may have been somewhat questionable, but until you have been thrown into that situation yourself, I don't think you should be so quick to point the finger and judge. They lost their daughter, they've endured years of false claims and useless leads, they've had enquiries about their own behaviour and they've had tabloid abuse for crying too much, not crying enough, looking too composed, etc. There has clearly been a witch-hunt of sorts led against them, and it's so disappointing to see people choose to believe the disproved facts than accept that this poor couple might actually be innocent!

It reminds me of when rape victims get ostracised for the crime committed against them as if it is their own fault. It isn't! :mad:

I hope to God that something comes of all of this. The fact that the case is still being looked into means that until some new thing is discovered, the McCanns will never get any closure, and will always be scapegoated and held accountable for the abduction of their daughter.

Jesus, where is the compassion?
I know who that is, I'm so sorry It's great that something so worthwhile has come out of her death, though.

I wish people would stop scapegoating the McCanns too. They shouldn't have left the kids alone, but the distance between the kids and them was actually really small and every half hour they went back and checked on them. They were hardly negligent. And the crime scene doesn't fit the idea of Maddie being killed by her parents then hidden. What about the twins?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (147)
60.49%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.53%
No- I want it (68)
27.98%
No- I don't want it (17)
7%

Watched Threads