This discussion is closed.
Ness12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been interested in applying to Royal Holloway to study psychology next year and because it has AAA requirements and is part of university of london I just presumed it was a good university in terms of academics.

Today though I heard some people saying it was a bad uni for various reasons and it's got me questioning it. I did a google search and LOADS of people are saying how it has a bad rep.

Does Royal Holloway look bad in comparison to other unis (eg exeter, bath, surrey)? Would I be better off applying to other more reputable unis with 3A requirements?

Posted from TSR Mobile
paradoxicalme
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's definitely not a bad university. I don't have an exact measure of how good it is, but I would put it on a level with Surrey and Exeter and the like.

Try looking up the reputation of their Psychology course. But the fact is, when you have your degree, whether you went to Holloway or Sussex will make a marginal amount of difference - it's all about your degree classification. If you think you want to apply there, you have to see it for yourself, and not listen to hearsay. Christ, I've heard people on here say that Liverpool and Newcastle are bad universities :rolleyes:
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's very well regarded for psychology.
anatolia3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, it doesn't. It's not a top uni but it is considered above average and very good for certain subjects.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not really, my brother applied there, went and said it was very good.
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good university with notably beautiful architecture

Its not super elite or a high end university, but no where near bottom. A very respectable institute.
InsertWittyName
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm moving in to Holloway next Saturday. Every time I've been there on an open day/event it seems like a really nice place. I've only ever seen people complain about RHUL on this forums so :dontknow:. Maybe it's just one of those TSR things (like being obsessed with Islam?)
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
RHUL is a nice university with a solid but not top tier reputation. UCL it is not, but there's redly nothing wrong with it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
seblebanon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Royal Holloway has a well-established and good reputation. It is one of the oldest universities in the country, and the third college to join the University of London in 1900. Like most universities it has various departmental strengths. Based on international rankings that don't bias the less science and engineering focused universities (Times Higher Education), Royal Holloway ranks is currently ranked 17th in the UK, 36th in Europe, and 118th in the world. It has a world-class campus and a world-class library currently in construction.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (109)
28.09%
1 (62)
15.98%
2 (57)
14.69%
3 (62)
15.98%
4 (29)
7.47%
5 (26)
6.7%