The Student Room Group

Remark

Hey I did AQA linear maths for my GCSE's and I missed an A grade by 1/2 marks...do you think if I remark the two papers I will get an A? Does anyone in the forum have any maths remark experiences where their marks went up? I am really nervous about remarking and as you know its really expensive, especially if I am remarking two papers. Thank you.
Original post by Academic18
Hey I did AQA linear maths for my GCSE's and I missed an A grade by 1/2 marks...do you think if I remark the two papers I will get an A? Does anyone in the forum have any maths remark experiences where their marks went up? I am really nervous about remarking and as you know its really expensive, especially if I am remarking two papers. Thank you.

Why u called academic when u dont have a clue how the remark system works? its maths u idiot there is only ONE right answer so whether u send it or not ur mark remains the same what is wrong with students these days????
Reply 2

Usually the school should pay for the remarks but if they are not and you think you did really good in the paper and could get the extra 1/2 marks, than go for the remark but keep in mind that your marks can go up as well as down.
Reply 3
I'll put it a little more politely. With remarks on subject like Maths it would probably be recommended that you not do it seen as it's not a subjective subject. Your answer will either be right or wrong so I don't see you gaining marks really so I would advise against wasting money and getting a remark.
Reply 4
Original post by DenzelRyder
Why u called academic when u dont have a clue how the remark system works? its maths u idiot there is only ONE right answer so whether u send it or not ur mark remains the same what is wrong with students these days????

Sometimes the examiners can mess up and miss a few marks as they are rushing to complete the hundreds/thousands of papers left to go. They may have also made an error whilst counting up the marks, not to mention that they may have missed a few method marks.

To OP: I'd go for it if I were you, only if you're sure that you should have gotten an A. Perhaps redo the paper at home and mark it using the official mark scheme. If you get higher in that than what you've got in the actual exam (by at least 6 marks in total between both papers to be safe), go for the remark. Good Luck! :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5

dude calm down...Sometimes people get some marks when they go to remark their papers. Like the person below said, some examiners don't give out marks for methods and things like that. And you don't need to be so rude about it, if you were in my place you would do everything you can to get that one extra mark because it can make a real difference. And you have no right to call me an idiot....think before u say something, because it seems to me that there is something wrong with you not me.
Reply 6
Original post by abubakar261
Usually the school should pay for the remarks but if they are not and you think you did really good in the paper and could get the extra 1/2 marks, than go for the remark but keep in mind that your marks can go up as well as down.

yeah I was warned about that but for my grade to change I would have to lose about 30 marks so I am not too worried about that... but thank you anyways! :smile:
Reply 7
yeah I was warned about that but for my grade to change I would have to lose about 30 marks so I am not too worried about that... but thank you anyways! :smile:

no problem, glad I helped! and good luck getting the grade!
dude calm down...Sometimes people get some marks when they go to remark their papers. Like the person below said, some examiners don't give out marks for methods and things like that. And you don't need to be so rude about it, if you were in my place you would do everything you can to get that one extra mark because it can make a real difference. And you have no right to call me an idiot....think before u say something, because it seems to me that there is something wrong with you not me.

no ur an idiot for getting a remark in MATHS if this was english or history fair enough but there is only one right answer and i seriously doubt the examiners made any mistake especially in MATHS....
Reply 9
no ur an idiot for getting a remark in MATHS if this was english or history fair enough but there is only one right answer and i seriously doubt the examiners made any mistake especially in MATHS....

how do you knw? have u ever remarked maths papers? One of my teachers actually recommended that I remark the papers.... she has about 40 years of experience so I dnt think I will listen to you...sorry!

Hey :smile: my friend had both her maths gcse papers remarked, as she was 1 mark off an A, and hers didn't go up. But just because others didn't change, doesn't mean yours won't. I would say if you can afford it, get the remarks and go for it - you're not close to the B boundary by the sounds of it, so I doubt your grade will go down. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
how do you knw? have u ever remarked maths papers? One of my teachers actually recommended that I remark the papers.... she has about 40 years of experience so I dnt think I will listen to you...sorry!

Where did she study again? Exactly so shut up...

Quick Reply

Latest