Durham: Pros and Cons Watch

This discussion is closed.
Thom18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by interiority)
For me, Blue and their ilk go in the 'Cheesy' box. Blech.
Blue, S Club (both varieties), Kylie, Britney... in fact, much of the charts these days. Including the dreaded Cha Cha song.
Thom18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is that the one about pushing a pineapple and shaking a tree? Because I hate that song. It is the Cheese National Anthem
Nope, that's Agadoo (sic?). But yes, that one is the #1 Most Cheesiest Song Ever. The Cha Cha Song is more recent - it was #1 in the charts just last week I think (or possibly the week before), where it's just a list of commands:

"Three hops this time"
"Charlie Brown"
"Reverse, reverse"
"Five hops this time"
"Slide to the left"
"Slide to the right"
etc.
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I somehow missed out on that one. Lucky, since I am musically lactose intolerant. I don't like it when songs try to force movements on me, fascist *******s. I go with the flow, dude.
lol @---> "fascist *******s"
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Thom18)
I'm not sure about gowns for the Collingwood dinner, but I think everyone goes to the Cathedral wearing gowns and pledges allegiance to the University, in some sort of pagan animal sacrifice... Ok, so maybe the last part is fictitious.
That's the matriculation ceremony.
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
Does anyone els ethink that the open days "seduce" people a bit?
I mean if no othe runi gives you the opportunity to stay over aren't you naturally going to be biased towards them?
Lol seducing! that is so true. If all unis did that then im sure fewer would choose durham. Staying over is the best way to sample uni life though. It doe show durham are investing time and money n getting you to go there
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ladyluck)
Lol seducing! that is so true. If all unis did that then im sure fewer would choose durham. Staying over is the best way to sample uni life though. It doe show durham are investing time and money n getting you to go there
Durham paid for my board and lodging!
HereFishyFishy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
whoooooo- just made my final decision tonight. Durham law here I come- I guess i'll definately see you there Thom18- it's not like you're not going to get ABC Proud to announce I am now an official member of the Durham Massive!

Ya think the robe thing is wierd...you should experience the 'spooning' attempts by Hatfield! I have to admit, even I was worried...and deafened
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Welcome, Laces. Join the induction bar crawl? And what the hell is spooning, lol?
Thank Ye Sir Damn straight i'm up for a bar crawl- when I went to the open day I got quite tipsy on the college bar prices and would not mind experiencing the likes of the DSU and cheesy cheesy Klute again!

What course are you doing interiority? sorry if you've already said this a billion times but I skimmed the 7 pages and couldn't see...Is it your firm?

presebjenada (sp?) Were you at the Hatfield open day and do you study law? Which one were you at? 22/23 or 23/24? I may know you...

Spooning....lol...was a strange Hatfield tradition...sort of included a chant and banging your dinner spoon on the table! Very strange, but good fun. Yes, i know, I am a Hatfielder...but i'm nice, i promise
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
sorry ma'am

I don't mind the hate...I quite like the banter. I'll take it with a pinch of salt

There is quite a Durham crowd on the board..iv'e counted 4 law students with Durham as their firm. Excellent choice
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Laces)
whoooooo- just made my final decision tonight. Durham law here I come- I guess i'll definately see you there Thom18- it's not like you're not going to get ABC Proud to announce I am now an official member of the Durham Massive!

Ya think the robe thing is wierd...you should experience the 'spooning' attempts by Hatfield! I have to admit, even I was worried...and deafened
i'm in the crew durham law crew too (collingwood). I'll def be going there, got an unconditional.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Durham paid for my board and lodging!
i got charged £20 - your application must have been stronger than mine.
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
i'm in the crew durham law crew too (collingwood). I'll def be going there, got an unconditional.
It's going be quite strange sitting in lectures knowing quite a few of you are UKLers- with an undergrad intake of 140 we're not going to miss each other... what's your name iiikewldude?
Sarahgrasso
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Laces)
It's going be quite strange sitting in lectures knowing quite a few of you are UKLers- with an undergrad intake of 140 we're not going to miss each other... what's your name iiikewldude?
Hey, i'm in the Durham crew aswell! I seem to always be missed out of the plans! Ok i'm not doing Law but i could pretend i was?! Possibly?, maybe?, u think?? Lol. I wana b included on ur bar crawls! *stamps her foot* Hehe!
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sarahgrasso)
Hey, i'm in the Durham crew aswell! I seem to always be missed out of the plans! Ok i'm not doing Law but i could pretend i was?! Possibly?, maybe?, u think?? Lol. I wana b included on ur bar crawls! *stamps her foot* Hehe!
haha- we're not all doing law, so don't worry me dear. But you are quite welcome to pretend none the less What course are you doing? College? Of course you are welcome on the bar crawls! I get the feeling the UKL massive are all 'healthy' partyers!
Sparkly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey, I'm going to Durham too! I'm going to be doing Psychology and my college is St Chad's. Unconditional- so I'm definitely going come October.
Sarahgrasso
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Laces)
haha- we're not all doing law, so don't worry me dear. But you are quite welcome to pretend none the less What course are you doing? College? Of course you are welcome on the bar crawls! I get the feeling the UKL massive are all 'healthy' partyers!
Good, good. I'm doing geography and i'm in Collingwood college! Yep, i'm def a 'healthy' partier! Sometimes unhealthy actually! Hehe! I've got a unconditional offer 2 so i'l prob b ther in Oct 2!
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeh.. so many of us are doing law It'll be so weird finally seeing everyone in October esp in the robes and all.
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Laces)
sorry ma'am

I don't mind the hate...I quite like the banter. I'll take it with a pinch of salt

There is quite a Durham crowd on the board..iv'e counted 4 law students with Durham as their firm. Excellent choice
And two English! Me and Shilling!
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Roll on a UKL Durham bar crawl!
I'll meet you on the boat!!
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
Roll on a UKL Durham bar crawl!
I'll meet you on the boat!!
what is this boat i keephearing about? :confused:
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.84%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (310)
64.32%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.77%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.07%

Watched Threads