This discussion is closed.
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Thom18)
I found that, out of all the Open Days, Durham's was the best.
Even though I haven't been to any open days, lots of my forum friends or just nice people have given me their own accounts of open days at the unis I applied to. They seem to love Durham

Oooh and I went on the DSU forums and the present Durhamites have been giving me advice about St Johns.. and its lovely
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey all,

didn´t read UKL for some days... I´m also a potential Durhamer, just wandering what otehr unis most ppl here compare Durham with! I mean hey, Warwick is a concrete ****hole!
Probably most of you find it strange, but for me Manchester is the only uni that really gives me headache - I thought it was great there and now I´m not sleeping well cause I´m trying to decide.
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Even though I haven't been to any open days, lots of my forum friends or just nice people have given me their own accounts of open days at the unis I applied to. They seem to love Durham

Oooh and I went on the DSU forums and the present Durhamites have been giving me advice about St Johns.. and its lovely
hey lil

cool to hear you actually decided... congrats!!! Well we might end up living next door to each other since Chads is right next to Johns... if only Manchester wouldn´t send me such cool materials all the time! aaarrrggg
Thom18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
Warwick is a concrete ****hole!
Hahahaha - that's funny!
Probably most of you find it strange, but for me Manchester is the only uni that really gives me headache - I thought it was great there and now I´m not sleeping well cause I´m trying to decide.
I think Manchester is a dump - it's really loud and dirty, in my humble opinion. I much prefer Durham, because it's quieter and friendlier.
So you've applied to Chad's, but what to read?
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think Manchester is a dump - it's really loud and dirty, in my humble opinion. I much prefer Durham, because it's quieter and friendlier.
Durham is indeed quieter and friendlier but when was the last time you were in manchester?
It's a million times cleaner than London. It's a brilliant city now. (And I'm not originally from here, or at its uni so i like to think I'm pretty unbiased but informed)
Thom18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
Durham is indeed quieter and friendlier but when was the last time you were in manchester?
It's a million times cleaner than London. It's a brilliant city now. (And I'm not originally from here, or at its uni so i like to think I'm pretty unbiased but informed)
One of my sisters went to Manchester Uni and the other goes to Salford Uni, and I've visited them many times. Admittedly, Manchester is nicer than Salford, but that's not really saying much. I agree that it is very much cleaner than London, but London isn't really much to go by.
Sarahgrasso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sarah
Collingwood
Geography

Cant wait!!!
Thom18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sarahgrasso)
Sarah
Collingwood
Geography

Cant wait!!!
The Wooders own this board.
Sarahgrasso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The Wooders own this board.
Yep, def agree with that! Woohoo!
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I think I've seen you on those message boards - ar you "Glitter"?
(I'm "forgetmenot", by the way )
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hahahaha - that's funny!

I was serious... Warwick was the only of my six choices I really disliked when I visited!

Anyway, I applied for Physics. Regretted my St. Chads choice a little, didn´t have time at all before the 15/1 deadline. **** happens... I liked it when I visited though, it´s jsut the bar and the room sharing thing I´m not too impressed with.

Manchester is great! It´s not dirty at all. Well it´s a city in the end but a brillant one I thought. I loved the way the campus is compact but in the city, the residences around in a cool area. The department seemed perfect to me and people were friendly.
But one major point is that Manchester has such cool exchange schemes in place, while I´m still trying to find out about Durham. I mailed to the international office but they didn´t reply these morons. So I still don´t know and that might make my decision since I really want to do an exchange.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by shilling)
I think I've seen you on those message boards - ar you "Glitter"?
(I'm "forgetmenot", by the way )
Uh huh! *nods head* - I'm pretty obvious huh?
Hehe..
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Uh huh! *nods head* - I'm pretty obvious huh?
Hehe..
Have you been on here as Glitter as well? Cause I didn´t like Glitter too much ;-)
HereFishyFishy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by presebjenada)
i was there on the 23/24 doing sociology/anthrop .. and roll on spooning! were you there on the 23/24? i was round the session table being very noisy most of the night... (and wahey - another hatfielder! i thought i was the only one here, and feeling a bit outnumbered)
hey- yeah i was at the open day on 23/24th too. Come to think of it, I may have met you...i met 2 soc/anthrop students...one was my roommate but she was from London. What did you look like? I was the girl wearing the 'strawberry' belt..dunno if that helps at all!

I spent a little time with the 'noisy' table doing all the ' cookie' chants...v.funny...but I spent most of the night by the bar playing shot games...v.drunken
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Have you been on here as Glitter as well? Cause I didn´t like Glitter too much ;-)
Noo lolz 'Glitter-fairy' is the theme of my current website, so I decided to go on the DSU forums as Glitter. Other than that, I'm always lilsunflower.. have been for the last 10 years and it's stuck for too long to be embarrassing anymore

I think my 'lolz' and other strange exclamations are dead giveaways.. e.g. 'yeppers', 'lordy'... and the abuse of smileys. Hmm.. who is Glitter anyway? Haven't seen him/her on these forums yet.
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Noo lolz 'Glitter-fairy' is the theme of my current website, so I decided to go on the DSU forums as Glitter. Other than that, I'm always lilsunflower.. have been for the last 10 years and it's stuck for too long to be embarrassing anymore

I think my 'lolz' and other strange exclamations are dead giveaways.. e.g. 'yeppers', 'lordy'... and the abuse of smileys. Hmm.. who is Glitter anyway? Haven't seen him/her on these forums yet.
you haven´t missed much... hey, could I send you professional hotshot homepage designer send a link sometime soon to get some good advice?
shilling
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But one major point is that Manchester has such cool exchange schemes in place, while I´m still trying to find out about Durham. I mailed to the international office but they didn´t reply these morons. So I still don´t know and that might make my decision since I really want to do an exchange.
But Ben...if you're from Munich, then you'll already be "abroad" in Durham, won't you?
shilling
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How did you become a "Junior Member" so quickly Interiority? I think I'm going to be stuck as a "New Member" forever. (*sigh*)
Thom18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think you have to get to 70 posts to become "Junior Member".
shilling
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think you have to get to 70 posts to become "Junior Member".
Then it really doesn't help that I prefer reading other people's messages to posting my own....(For example, I thought your's and interiority's ones about ritual sacrifice at Durham matriculation ceremonies were really funny, but singularly failed to think of anything even remotely witty to say myself...so I just sat there waiting for one of you to post more...lol).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (91)
52.6%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.65%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (48)
27.75%

Watched Threads