inter-racial Watch

This discussion is closed.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I think you are struggling to find excuses for a disproportionate amount of violent crime amongst blacks.
Actually I think that suspicious_fish just gave you a reason. That quite a large percentage of black people are from poorer backgrounds and ghetto environments expose children from a younge age to violence leading them to possibly be more violent as adults. compare the violent crimes per head of black and white people from the same economic background and you would most likely find very little difference.
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But why can you not understand that we're not arguing about anything right now are we? Just that there is a disproportionate amount of violent black crime.

Wht are you so eager to charge in like a bull in a china shop to shoot down the fact? What's your rush?
lol because in order to use stats in an argument you need to know what they mean.
suspicious_fish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I already told you I'm not addressing reasons. Who said anything about a violence gene? I'm talking about whether what I said is fact or fiction and not WHY it is fact or fiction. Why can't you understand the difference?
When you ask "why", you are looking for a reason.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
Actually I think that suspicious_fish just gave you a reason. That quite a large percentage of black people are from poorer backgrounds and ghetto environments expose children from a younge age to violence leading them to possibly be more violent as adults. compare the violent crimes per head of black and white people from the same economic background and you would most likely find very little difference.
That might be true. What difference does it have to the simple statement I made originally? None.

Look at the arrest and conviction stats. MORE BLACKS ARE ARRESTED AND CONVICTED PER HEAD OF POPULATION FOR VIOLENT CRIME THAN WHITES.

You can't attack the validity of this bare fact however hard you try to find excuses (poverty, getto's, etc) for it.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by suspicious_fish)
When you ask "why", you are looking for a reason.
I'm not looking for a reason. I never was. I made a simple statement of fact. It's you and PK that decided to bombard me with 1001 possible reasons!
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That might be true. What difference does it have to the simple statement I made originally? None.

Look at the arrest and conviction stats. MORE BLACKS ARE ARRESTED AND CONVICTED PER HEAD OF POPULATION FOR VIOLENT CRIME THAN WHITES.

You can't attack the validity of this bare fact however hard you try to find excuses (poverty, getto's, etc) for it.
Yes, the fact is true.
And what I said is the reason, or the "why" if you prefer.
It's not an excuse, but it is a reason.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But have you asked yourself how they find these figures, what types and circumstance of crime etc? And what about other stats like victims of crime, stop and search figures etc?
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not looking for a reason. I never was. I made a simple statement of fact. It's you and PK that decided to bombard me with 1001 possible reasons!
But we all agree that it's fact, no-one disputing that (are they?).
We've moved on, and we're now looking at reasons.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Yes but the original point made on the subject was actually that black people were more violent by nature and that is what I was disputing because I don't think that someone is born more violent just because they are black
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, the fact is true.
And what I said is the reason, or the "why" if you prefer.
It's not an excuse, but it is a reason.
Well, at least we're getting somewhere. At least we agree the fact.

As for "reason", I'm really not interested in exploring that end of the debate at the present time.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, at least we're getting somewhere. At least we agree the fact.

As for "reason", I'm really not interested in exploring that end of the debate at the present time.
But I think me and a few others are.
If you're not, fair enough, bye bye.
Nice - if a little confused - talking to you.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes but the original point made on the subject was actually that black people were more violent by nature and that is what I was disputing because I don't think that someone is born more violent just because they are black
Exactly. And to say they are because the stats show it is incorrect too.
FoxNewsRocks
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That just isn't true. Do you have any facts that back up your claim that black people are more violent. I don't think you will be able to find any. If you are saying this purely because of what you see on American TV then I would try and watch/read something else. Like bowling for conanbine. Why would you say that black people hate being black and that is why they mix with white people If you had read some of the previous posts you would see that many black people are very proud of being black.
Whites, Blacks, and Violent Crime
Sources: Census Bureau and FBI Uniform Crime Reports
U.S. Population in 1994
74.0% White, 12.5% Black, 9.1% Hispanic, 3.5% Asian Perpetrators of Murder
1993 - 40.7% White, 57.6% Black
1995 - 43.4% White, 54.4% Black Perpetrators of Rape
1993 - 56.9% White, 41.3% Black
1995 - 55.6% White, 42.4% Black
Perpetrators of Robbery
1993 - 36.5% White, 62.1% Black
1995 - 38.7% White, 59.5% Black Perpetrators of Assault
1993 - 58.4% White, 39.8% Black
1995 - 59.6% White, 38.4% Black
The average Black commits murder 7.9 times as often as the average White.
(Frank Borzellieri puts the ratio more recently at 8.5.)
The average Black commits (reported) rape 4.4 times as often as the average White.
If all rapes were reported, the Black to White ratio would be closer to 11.*

The average Black commits armed robbery 9.6 times as often as the average White.
The average Black commits theft 17 times as often as the average White.*

The average Black commits aggravated assault 3.9 times as often as the average White.
The average Black commits simple assault about 22 times as often as the average White.*

-----------------------------------------

Keep in mind that the black population is small yet their crime rates are leading the pack. Now for you to defend a record like that, you either 1) dont live among any non-whites thus you know nothing about real life and just want some minorities to like you because you take up for them.(read: politician liberal) 2) you are someone that statistics mean nothing to, you just want everyone to think the way you do (read: avg brainwashed American).

The sooner people face up to what really goes on the sooner a remedy can be found. Denying facts will never make you right, no matter how political you want to be.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh no it wasn't. And as I started this little flurry I should know! Nowhere has anybody, including me, used or even suggested the "more violent by nature" argument.

Produce one post where this has been advanced by me.....or SHUT UP!

I should love to know what posts you are reading or what technique you use to twist a simple statement into a sociological argument.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
U.S. Population in 1994
Perpetrators of Robbery
The average Black commits (reported) rape 4.4 times as often as the average White.

The average Black commits armed robbery 9.6 times as often as the average White.

The average Black commits aggravated assault 3.9 times as often as the average White.
The average Black commits simple assault about 22 times as often as the average White.*

-----------------------------------------

Keep in mind that the black population is small yet their crime rates are leading the pack. Now for you to defend a record like that, you either 1) dont live among any non-whites thus you know nothing about real life and just want some minorities to like you because you take up for them.(read: politician liberal) 2) you are someone that statistics mean nothing to, you just want everyone to think the way you do (read: avg brainwashed American).

The sooner people face up to what really goes on the sooner a remedy can be found. Denying facts will never make you right, no matter how political you want to be.
So PK, Suspicious Fish.......is that enough "fact" for you?
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Produce one post where this has been advanced by me.....or SHUT UP!
Or talk about it without you.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey now, I never denied that violent crime is done by black people!
I was looking at reasons.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
U.S. Population in 1994
Perpetrators of Robbery

The average Black commits simple assault about 22 times as often as the average White.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9807/13/deathrow.restitution/
MIAMI (CNN) -- More than 30 years after they were sentenced to death for two murders they did not commit, two Florida men received $500,000 each from the state Monday for their wrongful conviction.

http://castleofhopeforlostsouls.org/...npetition.html
6. Since the wrongfully convicted are mostly black and almost always poor the civil rights laws should apply. Civil rights are being denied to the blacks and/or the poor because they are black and/or poor. Their rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are being denied.

Plenty of others...
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No it isn't because those stats don't justify that black people are more violent.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Or talk about it without you.
Snide remark. But you can't do it can you? You cannot produce a single post where I suggested blacks are more naturally violent than whites. Ah.....what as shame..........don't cry........

Your problem is that you are so eager to jump on any PC apologist bandwagon that you don't read what is being typed but prefer reading what you'd like to see, giving yourself an excuse to show the forum your liberal left PC credentials. (Who'd be without them on this forum? :rolleyes: )

The problem is that all you do is make yourself look retarded.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads