inter-racial Watch

This discussion is closed.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
About being jewish, I was just curious really hitchhiker_13 due to your name.

As for the differences, since you obviously do not know how to do research on your own, nor make visible observations, these were retrieved from a paper I read in college in 1998. If you have questions about any of them then you can do the research for yourself by studying Anatomy 101. I usually dont relent to people like yourself to prove obvious points, but this time i will make an exception. This is no way is meant to be derogatory to any blacks, its just facts.

* The hair is black, crispy, and "woolly" in texture, it is flat and elliptical with no central canal or duct like the hair of Europeans.

* The nose is thick, broad and flat, often turned up nostrils exposing the red inner lining of the mucous membrane similar to an primate.

* The arms and legs of the Negro are relatively longer than the European. The humerus is a trifle shorter and the forearm longer thereby approximating the simian form.

* The eyes are prominent, iris black and the orbits large. The eye often has a yellowish sclerotic coat over it like that of a primate.

* The Negro has a shorter trunk, the cross-section of the chest is more circular than whites. The pelvis is narrower and longer as it is in primates.

* The mouth is wide with very thick, large and protruding lips.

* Negro skin has a thick superficial sandy layer which resists scratching and impedes the penetration of germs.

* The Negro has a larger and shorter neck akin to that of anthropoids.

* The cranial sutures are more simple than in the white type and close together earlier.

* The ears are roundish, rather small, standing somewhat high and detached thus approaching the simian form.

* The Negro is more powerfully developed from the pelvis down and the white more powerfully developed in the chest.

* The jaw is larger and stronger and protrudes outward which, along with lower retreating forehead, gives a facial angle of 68 to 70 degrees as opposed to a facial angle of 80 to 82 degrees for Europeans.

* The hands and fingers are proportionally narrower and longer. The wrist and ankles are shorter and more robust.

* The frontal and paricial bones of the cranium are less excavated and less capacious. The skull is thicker especially on the sides.

* The brain of the Negro on the average is 9 to 20% smaller than whites.

* The teeth are larger and are wider apart than in the white race.

* The three curvatures of the spine are less pronounced in the Negro than in the white and thus more characteristic of a primate.

* The femur of the Negro is less oblique, the tibia (shin bone) more curved and bent forward, the calf of the leg high and but little developed.

* The heel is broad and projecting, the foot long and broad but slightly arched causing flat soles, the great toe is shorter than in the white.

* The two bones proper of the nose are occasionally united, as in primates.

Enjoy.

Excuse my apparent ignorance, but what about hitchhiker_13 indicates I am Jewish?

Are any of these differences you mention any reason to avoid inter-racial relationships?
Doesn't biology favour diversity?
suspicious_fish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Excuse my apparent ignorance, but what about hitchhiker_13 indicates I am Jewish?

Are any of these differences you mention any reason to avoid inter-racial relationships?
Doesn't biology favour diversity?
I think he's racist against Jew's, y'know, and is trying to say you're stupid....
Interesting how this *college paper* unnecessarily and repeatedly refers to primates and uses the word Negro.
Seems to me like that wouldn't be officially available to students as it's... shock!... racist!
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by suspicious_fish)
I think he's racist against Jew's, y'know, and is trying to say you're stupid....
Interesting how this *college paper* unnecessarily and repeatedly refers to primates and uses the word Negro.
Seems to me like that wouldn't be officially available to students as it's... shock!... racist!
Negro isn't a racist word is it?
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Yeah, and has been for about the last 40 years.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, and has been for about the last 40 years.
Say's who? Shortly it's just a shortened form of "negroid" isn't it?
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Say's who? Shortly it's just a shortened form of "negroid" isn't it?

It's become a racist term after it was used by the American government when racist was institutionalised. I don't know if there's any hard-nosed logic behind it, but it's become racist.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am not sure it may be, but the context in which he used the facts he kept on refering to being primate like which is implying that black people are less developed (not my view). Also he has expressed some anti-semitic and anti black people comments on this thread and others.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
I am not sure it may be, but the context in which he used the facts he kept on refering to being primate like which is implying that black people are less developed (not my view). Also he has expressed some anti-semitic and anti black people comments on this thread and others.
That maybe so. But negro is either a racist word or it isn't. It comes from "negroid" which is the black equivalent of "caucasionoid", both of which are anthropological words, and not racist ones.

Anyway, lets put aside the pedantry of language. Don't you FoxNews' thesis made some interesting observations? Yesterday we spent hours struggling to come up with many physiological differences and went around in circles discussing some small genetic differences. Stange how we didn't even consider the anatomical perspective.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That maybe so. But negro is either a racist word or it isn't. It comes from "negroid" which is the black equivalent of "caucasionoid", both of which are anthropological words, and not racist ones.

Anyway, lets put aside the pedantry of language. Don't you FoxNews' thesis made some interesting observations? Yesterday we spent hours struggling to come up with many physiological differences and went around in circles discussing some small genetic differences. Stange how we didn't even consider the anatomical perspective.
I think racism in language is a subjective thing, and I'm sure my black friends would be well pissed off if I called them Negros.
I did tihnk about the anatomical stuff, and I was going to say things like a broader, flatter nose, and different texture of hair, but didn't for fear of being called racist. :rolleyes:
FoxNews does make some good points, but his references to primates etc are just plain unnecessary.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've never heard a racist call a black man a negro. "Nigra" perhaps, but never negro. I think you might be confusing the two.

The point of view is that what is racist and what isn't is often defined not by black but by whites anyway. In just the same way that it is white liberal whackos in lowly council positions that seek to abolish Christmas cards and not the moslem community who are wrongly said to be offended by them.
No, I'm not confusing the two at all, I know the distinction.
But can you honestly imagine calling a black person a Negro and having them not get offended, even a bit?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think racism in language is a subjective thing, and I'm sure my black friends would be well pissed off if I called them Negros.
I did tihnk about the anatomical stuff, and I was going to say things like a broader, flatter nose, and different texture of hair, but didn't for fear of being called racist. :rolleyes:
FoxNews does make some good points, but his references to primates etc are just plain unnecessary.
Well, if it's subjective there can obviously be no real racist words. What might offend one person might not offend another.

If you think about it that's true. The word ****** for example. You'd never call a black man ****** would you? Of course not! But black people (certainly here in the US) actually address one another as "hey ******"! So I suppose you're right; words can be subjective.

Why would pointing out anotomical differences make you a racist? I don't follow that logic at all! If a doctor conducting a health check on a homosexual patient discovered the patient had AIDS that wouldn't make the doctor a homophobe would it?

Are they FoxNew's references to primates? I thought it was a copy and paste job.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No, I'm not confusing the two at all, I know the distinction.
But can you honestly imagine calling a black person a Negro and having them not get offended, even a bit?
Well, again. I've never heard negro used. I've heard ******, and nigra, but never negro.

Obviously I wouldn't address a black person as "hey negro" but then again who does?
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In just the same way that it is white liberal whackos in lowly council positions that seek to abolish Christmas cards and not the moslem community who are wrongly said to be offended by them.
am I missunderstanding you or are you saying that the Muslim community should be banned?
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, if it's subjective there can obviously be no real racist words. What might offend one person might not offend another.

If you think about it that's true. The word ****** for example. You'd never call a black man ****** would you? Of course not! But black people (certainly here in the US) actually address one another as "hey ******"! So I suppose you're right; words can be subjective.

Why would pointing out anotomical differences make you a racist? I don't follow that logic at all! If a doctor conducting a health check on a homosexual patient discovered the patient had AIDS that wouldn't make the doctor a homophobe would it?

Are they FoxNew's references to primates? I thought it was a copy and paste job.
No word could ever be called 100% racist, it's true, but you'd be hard put to find someone who thought that called someone a Chink is acceptable! There can be a general consensus on what is and isn't racist, though it can be hard (as you say) when it varies from it being ok within some communities, but not for outsiders.
You and I know it wouldn't have been racist, but you know what some people are like.... they'll jump on anyone's back at the slightest suggestion of somone differentiating between races.
Yeah, I know FoxNews didn't write that, I was just referring to his/her post.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
am I missunderstanding you or are you saying that the Muslim community should be banned?
No, you're misunderstanding! Re-read it.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes you are misunderstanding. Can't you read?
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes you are misunderstanding. Can't you read?
Hey now, no need to get tetchy!
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes I can read thank you very much and taken literally that is what it says. That is why I asked because I didn't think that how I read it could be right so I decided to check.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No word could ever be called 100% racist, it's true, but you'd be hard put to find someone who thought that called someone a Chink is acceptable! There can be a general consensus on what is and isn't racist, though it can be hard (as you say) when it varies from it being ok within some communities, but not for outsiders.
You and I know it wouldn't have been racist, but you know what some people are like.... they'll jump on anyone's back at the slightest suggestion of somone differentiating between races.
Yeah, I know FoxNews didn't write that, I was just referring to his/her post.
put the word to bed once and for all:

Main Entry: Ne·gro
Pronunciation: 'nE-(")grO
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural Negroes
Etymology: Spanish or Portuguese, from negro black, from Latin nigr-, niger
sometimes offensive : a member of a race of humankind native to Africa and classified according to physical features (as dark skin pigmentation)

"Sometimes offensive" so you're right, it can be racist depending I guess on who says it to who, and it which context.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
put the word to bed once and for all:

Main Entry: Ne·gro
Pronunciation: 'nE-(")grO
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural Negroes
Etymology: Spanish or Portuguese, from negro black, from Latin nigr-, niger
sometimes offensive : a member of a race of humankind native to Africa and classified according to physical features (as dark skin pigmentation)

"Sometimes offensive" so you're right, it can be racist depending I guess on who says it to who, and it which context.
Bingo. It's all about who you say it to and when and where you say it. And what colour you are, too.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise