(Original post by Howard)
US.
Whereabouts?
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Muswell Hill this is weird you know fortismere school?
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by suspicious_fish)
Whereabouts?
Orlando
suspicious_fish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Orlando
Nope, never been there.
But I did live in Vermont.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by suspicious_fish)
Nope, never been there.
But I did live in Vermont.
Tooooooo cold up there!
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Tooooooo cold up there!
Yeah, I froze my arse off in the winter. 4 feet of snow! I'd never seen anything like it. But I roasted in the summer. 103 degrees....! I'm used to the 75 of British summers.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Isn't there a word for it? I mean I know anti semitism is against jewish people is there one for other religions
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
Isn't there a word for it? I mean I know anti semitism is against jewish people is there one for other religions
I don't know.... creedism?
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Never heard of that world before
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
Never heard of that world before
It's not real, I just made it up. But it would make sense if a creed is a statement of religious belief.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Fair enough
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Just to say my two penneth on the racism issue; I don't buy the dictionary definition of racism which includes discrimination based on religion - surely that deserves a word in its own right and has little to do with race?
Religionism?
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That already has a different meaning
What's that?
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No, anti-semitism is a much misused word. One can be a Semite without being Jewish per se; I believe the term comes from Shem being a son of Noah. Surely 'anti-Judaism' would be a more accurate term.

Perhaps, but language isn't always so logical.
There's also anti-Zionism which is sometimes (I believe wrongly) equated with anti-semitism.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Perhaps, but language isn't always so logical.
There's also anti-Zionism which is sometimes (I believe wrongly) equated with anti-semitism.
But they're not unrelated words are they. Zionism is the jewish movement for the validity of an independent homeland; Israel.

I should have thought that Anti-zionists are likely to be anti-semetic and visa versa.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But they're not unrelated words are they. Zionism is the jewish movement for the validity of an independent homeland; Israel.

I should have thought that Anti-zionists are likely to be anti-semetic and visa versa.
Zionist tends to be very mililtant, hardcore Zionists usually want Israel to be a land for Jews and Jews alone, and want everyone else thrown out.
I'm Jewish, but I'm anti-Zionist.
weetabix
Report 15 years ago

Not necessarily. I consider myself anti-zionist because I think they are stealing the land of the Palestinians, but I'm not anti-semitic. I have Jewish friends and anyway, as a Muslim, I'm not allowed to hate somebody because of their race or religion. Personally, I don't understand why anybody with the slightest intellect would, all it does is cause misery and pain.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not really, the Semites are a race whereas Zionism is a religion.
Foiled again!
kay0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
in reply to original post i dont really care wot others do and who they date.

in response to the guy who said black girls r racist as they only dated black guys, well i dont see many white guys datin out of their race.

as a black female, , my reasons for dating black men are simple:

1. i meet more of them
2. hav more in common with them
3. in general find them more attractive.

its not like i dont find white men attractive, i do. but it stops there.
FoxNewsRocks
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Zionism isnt a religion, its a state of mind that can be either jew or christian or any other religion, maybe except for muslim, i doubt they would want israel to be all jews.

a Zionist is an individual, someone who actively promotes the state of israel being a jewish state, religion is not dependant upon ones zionism or maybe you could say zionism isnt specific to ones religion....... that i know of.

An example of religious Zionism would be the non-catholic christians in the USA, like baptists and protestants and a few others. i dont think catholics are zionists but i could be wrong, maybe some catholic can clarify that.

An example of a plain Zionist is anyone who supports israels "right to exist" as a jewish state, AKA the 75% of American congressmen/women. Could be any individual with those same aspirations tho.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%