(Original post by Howard)
US.
Whereabouts?
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Muswell Hill this is weird you know fortismere school?
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suspicious_fish)
Whereabouts?
Orlando
suspicious_fish
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Orlando
Nope, never been there.
But I did live in Vermont.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suspicious_fish)
Nope, never been there.
But I did live in Vermont.
Tooooooo cold up there!
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tooooooo cold up there!
Yeah, I froze my arse off in the winter. 4 feet of snow! I'd never seen anything like it. But I roasted in the summer. 103 degrees....! I'm used to the 75 of British summers.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Isn't there a word for it? I mean I know anti semitism is against jewish people is there one for other religions
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
Isn't there a word for it? I mean I know anti semitism is against jewish people is there one for other religions
I don't know.... creedism?
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Never heard of that world before
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
Never heard of that world before
It's not real, I just made it up. But it would make sense if a creed is a statement of religious belief.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fair enough
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Just to say my two penneth on the racism issue; I don't buy the dictionary definition of racism which includes discrimination based on religion - surely that deserves a word in its own right and has little to do with race?
Religionism?
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That already has a different meaning
What's that?
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, anti-semitism is a much misused word. One can be a Semite without being Jewish per se; I believe the term comes from Shem being a son of Noah. Surely 'anti-Judaism' would be a more accurate term.

Perhaps, but language isn't always so logical.
There's also anti-Zionism which is sometimes (I believe wrongly) equated with anti-semitism.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Perhaps, but language isn't always so logical.
There's also anti-Zionism which is sometimes (I believe wrongly) equated with anti-semitism.
But they're not unrelated words are they. Zionism is the jewish movement for the validity of an independent homeland; Israel.

I should have thought that Anti-zionists are likely to be anti-semetic and visa versa.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But they're not unrelated words are they. Zionism is the jewish movement for the validity of an independent homeland; Israel.

I should have thought that Anti-zionists are likely to be anti-semetic and visa versa.
Zionist tends to be very mililtant, hardcore Zionists usually want Israel to be a land for Jews and Jews alone, and want everyone else thrown out.
I'm Jewish, but I'm anti-Zionist.
weetabix
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago

Not necessarily. I consider myself anti-zionist because I think they are stealing the land of the Palestinians, but I'm not anti-semitic. I have Jewish friends and anyway, as a Muslim, I'm not allowed to hate somebody because of their race or religion. Personally, I don't understand why anybody with the slightest intellect would, all it does is cause misery and pain.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not really, the Semites are a race whereas Zionism is a religion.
Foiled again!
kay0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
in reply to original post i dont really care wot others do and who they date.

in response to the guy who said black girls r racist as they only dated black guys, well i dont see many white guys datin out of their race.

as a black female, , my reasons for dating black men are simple:

1. i meet more of them
2. hav more in common with them
3. in general find them more attractive.

its not like i dont find white men attractive, i do. but it stops there.
FoxNewsRocks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Zionism isnt a religion, its a state of mind that can be either jew or christian or any other religion, maybe except for muslim, i doubt they would want israel to be all jews.

a Zionist is an individual, someone who actively promotes the state of israel being a jewish state, religion is not dependant upon ones zionism or maybe you could say zionism isnt specific to ones religion....... that i know of.

An example of religious Zionism would be the non-catholic christians in the USA, like baptists and protestants and a few others. i dont think catholics are zionists but i could be wrong, maybe some catholic can clarify that.

An example of a plain Zionist is anyone who supports israels "right to exist" as a jewish state, AKA the 75% of American congressmen/women. Could be any individual with those same aspirations tho.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (731)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (923)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
19.03%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.4%

Watched Threads