But Sum1 Was Being Raciest
Sorry If It Opffended N E 1
Samara
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
This thread has gone to hell, we all know that Africa is a continent that will never be able to stand by itself. I think its funny that your said earlier on that you didnt asked to be put on ships and chains when in fact it was other black tribes that sold the africans into slavery.
HEY IF SUM1 HAD A GUN 2 U'R HEAD U'D SELL U'R OWN
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lol that doesn't offend me at all especially because i am a white anglo-saxon protestant
Samara
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ReturnofGnostic)
With talk of "white devils", who could've possibly be offended by you?
IT WAS A REPLY FRM A QUOTE
SORRY IF IT OFFENDED U

HEY U DIDN'T SAY SORRY 2 ME
BOUT ****** CALLIN AND SLAVE AND
WEAKER PEEPS

BUT I'LL B THE BIGGER PERSON
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Samara)
IT WAS A REPLY FRM A QUOTE
SORRY IF IT OFFENDED U

HEY U DIDN'T SAY SORRY 2 ME
BOUT ****** CALLIN AND SLAVE AND
WEAKER PEEPS

BUT I'LL B THE BIGGER PERSON
I can't be bothered to read previous posts but judging by a few of your posts i can't imagine how anyone could take you seriously. :rolleyes: Perhaps you amuse them.
Samara
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I can't be bothered to read previous posts but judging by a few of your posts i can't imagine how anyone could take you seriously. :rolleyes: Perhaps you amuse them.
1ST OFF I WAS DEFENDING MY RACE ISTHERE A PROBLEM WIT DAT?

SECOND OFF I WAS TRYIN 2 MAKE A MENDS SO DON'T U START ON MIA
COZ I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF RACISIM 2 BLACKS
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
A few clarifications:

Indeed, africa in general is 'backward' if considered from a western (developed) perspective and their inability to be self-sustaining seems a bewildering prospect at first glance; perhaps as Gnostic suggests they are less evolved?. Unfortunately things are never so simple and such 'solutions' immediately reduce to pretentious ignorance when considered.

The 'backward' nature is a consequence only of the influence of the rest of the world, not an intrinsic feature. The foundation of governments by intervention of western empires/nations resulted in instilling monetary (western) values on persons generally unaware or insufficiently educated to appreciate its functions and severe limitations. Not only that, power was localised to those with sufficient weaponary to dominate - the rise of military governance.

The idealistic goals of these governments were seldom related to the countries prosperity or the wellbeing of its members. So, instead of competing in the global financial market using valuable, profitable assets, they effectively stagnated to trade of raw foods/produce, neglected by their partially democratic military governments and effectively harvested by multinational companies thriving on cheap labour and vast expanses of resource-rich land.

This is further reinforced by the continued increased emphasis on the monetary value of technology (and trade of other intellectual assets), ignored by the 'african' governments' but appreciated by the western governments, which increased the technological and hence monetary divide between the less developed and more developed countries.

In conclusion, suggesting that 'africans' are backward and poor of their own accord is flawed. Poverty, by definition is relative and inevitably if there is to be a cause of such poverty, it can only be inappropriate intervention by western nations.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rIcHrD)
A few clarifications:

Indeed, africa in general is 'backward' if considered from a western (developed) perspective and their inability to be self-sustaining seems a bewildering prospect at first glance; perhaps as Gnostic suggests they are less evolved?. Unfortunately things are never so simple and such 'solutions' immediately reduce to pretentious ignorance when considered.

The 'backward' nature is a consequence only of the influence of the rest of the world, not an intrinsic feature. The foundation of governments by intervention of western empires/nations resulted in instilling monetary (western) values on persons generally unaware or insufficiently educated to appreciate its functions and severe limitations. Not only that, power was localised to those with sufficient weaponary to dominate - the rise of military governance.

The idealistic goals of these governments were seldom related to the countries prosperity or the wellbeing of its members. So, instead of competing in the global financial market using valuable, profitable assets, they effectively stagnated to trade of raw foods/produce, neglected by their partially democratic military governments and effectively harvested by multinational companies thriving on cheap labour and vast expanses of resource-rich land.

This is further reinforced by the continued increased emphasis on the monetary value of technology (and trade of other intellectual assets), ignored by the 'african' governments' but appreciated by the western governments, which increased the technological and hence monetary divide between the less developed and more developed countries.

In conclusion, suggesting that 'africans' are backward and poor of their own accord is flawed. Poverty, by definition is relative and inevitably if there is to be a cause of such poverty, it can only be inappropriate intervention by western nations.
Good God. Who taught you this crap?
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Good God. Who taught you this crap?
No1, just a train of thought although probably not historically accurate, it explains what I see anyway.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No1, just a train of thought although probably not historically accurate, it explains what I see anyway.
Sounds very familiar.....but very old hat....
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well I see the dabate has gone far in 24 hours, hmm...
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
...Indeed, africa in general is 'backward' if considered from a western (developed) perspective...
I'd agree with this. Everyone's culture or way of life seems "backward" when looked at from a Western perspective.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ReturnofGnostic)
Not really. Asia, for example, is an equal of Europe in cultural and economic terms.
Don't talk nonsense. What's the GDP of Germany? What is it of India? Are they the same?

Is the economic lifestlye of the average chinaman the same as the average Frenchman? I rather think not.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't talk nonsense. What's the GDP of Germany? What is it of India? Are they the same?

No, but their purchasing power parity figures are roughly the same, and that is more indicative of standards of living than GDP stats. In affluent parts of Asia, there is not much difference.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
No, but their purchasing power parity figures are roughly the same, and that is more indicative of standards of living than GDP stats. In affluent parts of Asia, there is not much difference.
I don't care what statistics you use. Most chinese people live on a bowl of rice a day. The standard of living enjoyed by the average Indian is nothing to sing about either.
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rupz)
hi i was wondering what peoples views on inter-racial relationship are. do u think we should stick to the same race? or do u think society has changed that people can just get on with it?
Well by now inter-racial relationships are the norm aren't they? You get people who are from other countries but who grew up in england (like me) so are more likely to date other people who grew up in england.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mysticmin)
Well by now inter-racial relationships are the norm aren't they? You get people who are from other countries but who grew up in england (like me) so are more likely to date other people who grew up in england.
Actually, they're not "the norm" at all. They're still fairly rare.
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Actually, they're not "the norm" at all. They're still fairly rare.
Hmm, maybe I just happen to know more of them. Quite a few of my friends are mixed race. I don't notice race much to be honest, it's not that important.
FoxNewsRocks
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
IMO if our creator wanted us all mixed up he would have made us that way to begin with. We are all humans yes, but that doesnt mean we were meant to intermingle. Lions and tigers dont mix, chimpanzees and gorillas dont mix, hummingbirds and bluejays dont mix. One wise phD once said "once you lose your races culture, it is doomed to failure" and no matter what race you may be, i believe that to be true.
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
IMO if our creator wanted us all mixed up he would have made us that way to begin with. We are all humans yes, but that doesnt mean we were meant to intermingle. Lions and tigers dont mix, chimpanzees and gorillas dont mix, hummingbirds and bluejays dont mix. One wise phD once said "once you lose your races culture, it is doomed to failure" and no matter what race you may be, i believe that to be true.
Whoops, I've already lost half of mine then :rolleyes: I can't believe race is still so important to people. I thought society had progressed further than that.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (38)
14.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (37)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
20.85%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (98)
37.84%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (14)
5.41%
No particular grades needed (18)
6.95%